Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] The great CAPTCHA problem discussion

More
13 years 6 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #1 by naimless
Hello,

First off, absolutely loving 1.6, it's beautiful. However, it seems to have completely broken captcha support for anonymous users. (i.e., an unregistered user should fill in the captcha when posting a message to a forum).

I followed the below instructions and have all the correct settings with Joomal Captcha, however the behaviour is not reliable.
docs.kunena.com/index.php/How_to_proper_...the_recaptcha_plugin

The Captcha does usually show up and 10% of the time it works - however, 90% of the time it tells you you have input a wrong code. Then occasionally it just shows the letters "Joomlacaptcha" and no code works at all.

Do you have any idea what is going on? I have tried disabling pretty much every plugin and module that uses Javascripts (Mootools or Jquery) and it doesn't make a difference.

My preference would be to avoid Joomla Captacha completely, which appears to be a terribly coded software with very bad instructions, and go for something like Re-Captcha.

Any idea how this can be done/whether it is possible?

Another alternative would be to re-use the old 1.5 Captcha system in 1.6, if possible? It wasn't pretty but it worked at getting rid of 99% of spam. Any way I can just copy the old Captcha code and plug it into the new 1.6 version?

Finally, something even more simplistic might also do the trick for a small site: Is it possible to code a crude new text box in post.php that simply requires the result of a simple calculation (2+2=) or a piece of static text to be entered? It does not have to be complex and I think this would avoid 99% of spam also.

Will be eternally grateful for any help - I am losing anonymous user forum engagement badly right now... :(

Edit: ps: Just noticed the below config has Mootools upgrade disabled. Just for clarity's sake, I have tried enabled/disabled and seemingly every other JS configuration under the sun in this...

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-RC3 | Build: 3539 | Version name: Jadili | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2) | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 1.8.5) | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topics merged
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Do you have a link to your site, like that i can test by myself ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirkovision, naimless
More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by naimless
Hello xillibit,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

The Kunena install is at www.legallyindia.com/Forum

Please feel free to post new test topics as an anonymous user (Joomla Captcha is currently enabled and shows up).

If it works the first time (which it sometimes does), please try to post again after that, when it usually gives the error message.

(also weirdly, in Chrome right now anonymous posts can not click the 'Submit' button although it works in FF and IE).

Thanks again for your help, do let me know if you have any questions.
More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by naimless
ps: Completely unrelated, but thought I'd let you know - on this very forum the 'quick reply' button doesn't seem to work properly (e.g., it doesn't open up an Ajax reply box but goes to the normal 'slow' reply page). Not sure whether that is intentional or is some JS conflict...
More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by fxstein

naimless wrote: ps: Completely unrelated, but thought I'd let you know - on this very forum the 'quick reply' button doesn't seem to work properly (e.g., it doesn't open up an Ajax reply box but goes to the normal 'slow' reply page). Not sure whether that is intentional or is some JS conflict...

As per tyour config report: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled

Because of that all Kunena JS will be disabled.

Hope thsi helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirkovision
More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by naimless
Thanks fxstein for reply! I actually only had it disabled when taking the config grab and have it re-enabled now.

On my site the quick-reply actually works a charm (although the new mootools does conflict with Polls-XT which on IE unfortunately).

But I meant here, on Kunena.com/forum the quick reply functionality doesn't seem to work for me (at least in Firefox, haven't tried IE or Chrome). Maybe that is intentional or just some weird config on my side, not sure...

Anyway, just wanted to give a big shout out to all you amazing devs on Kunena - the new version is absolutely brilliant and users love it. And it is much faster than 1.5. Glad I picked Kunena rather than another forum, great stuff!
More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by fxstein
Quick Reply: Is working for me here on kunena.com in IE8, FF and Chrome

This is actually written as a quick reply. Please clear your browsers cache. the recent sw upgrades might not have made it into your browsers caches.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: naimless
More
13 years 6 months ago #8 by naimless
Brilliant, thank you, solved - all it needed was a shift-refresh click actually and now quick reply it is working! Anyway, sorry for raising this offtopic...
More
13 years 6 months ago #9 by naimless
Hello - was just wondering if anyone has been able to look at the Captcha on my site at all? It (and the problem) are currently enabled, which is not making users happy.

Again, any light anyone can shed on ways to fix it would be hugely appreciated.
More
13 years 6 months ago #10 by RLittlefeather
Time to create page: 0.597 seconds