Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Important Migrate Kunena to Kunena within the same database? (SQL/Tables)

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by JambaJamba
Hello Everyone.

As some may have guessed my problems are often avoidable but I like to push Joomla to its boundaries. Big shout out to Kunena support and the component is great.

Situation I run 2 joomla sites on one sql database with different prefixes. Site one is the old website (has its own prefix) and site 2 which is the new site (has a new prefix). I wish to transfer the posts from the old site to the new one within the sql database.

I have looked at the sql tables in myPHPadmin. Can I clone the old site '_users' and rename it so it overwrites the '_users' belonging to the new site?

And can I just re-name all the old kunena sql tables to the new prefix?

Can someone help me and walk me through it. BTW there is only 25 posts but would rather not write them all out again lol

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
We've addressed this issue dozens of times before.

You need to move about twenty tables (that's not the exact number, it may be more or less than that number) - export from one DB and import to the other - messages and users. You can do this or you can pay someone else to do this. I'm sure that, if you want someone to walk you through the process then that, too, can be arranged on a similar time-payment basis. However, there is a lot of information in this forum that may help you if you would rather not spend any money and if you have the time to work things out for yourself. Here, for example, is one such discussion topic that covers some of this ground: Transferring posts and users although I admit it does not actually address the exact same issues that you are describing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds