Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question K1.6.2 BUG after migration? 179 members in backend, but in frontend says "113 registered users"??

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #11 by sozzled
It is a fact that the Kunena userlist does not show all users.

The Kunena userlist does not show administrators.

In K 1.6.1 the userlist shows not apam users; in K 1.6.2 the userlist shows not spam and not banned users.

The userlist does not show anyone who has registered but has not activated their account.

This should explain the difference in the numbers.

It may also be necessary to use the Synchronize Users facility. Although this is not a "perfect recipe" (nor is it a perfect remedy), I suggest that you use the Synchronize Users facility, check all FOUR checkboxes and then press the Synch button and then see if this makes a difference to your userlist count. Please let us know how you go. :)
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: whippet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #12 by whippet
Hi and many thanks for your answer!

sozzled wrote: It is a fact that the Kunena userlist does not show all users.

This is clear; also the old version do not show all user as you explain...

The Kunena userlist does not show administrators.

definitely, I am the only administrator, not in the list I know (it's easy for me to check that list that I still have a few members, but they rising day by day ...)

In K 1.6.1 the userlist shows not apam users;

this is a new for me...who are "apam users"?

in K 1.6.2 the userlist shows not spam and not banned users.

definitely, not in the list I know

The userlist does not show anyone who has registered but has not activated their account.

This is also clear, but I activated their accounts, so they are all enabled...

This should explain the difference in the numbers.

No, this not explain the difference in the numbers; in kunena backend enabled 231 members, less me 230 (administrator - in these 231 I count, already excluded the not enabled users) , however, in frontend Users: 193

The doubt is that new kunena 1.6.2 shows less users of the old version; also the old version will show less: it show in frontend only enabled users, but all enabled in backend, not a random number ... I just want to understand how it works and see that this is not a problem (before install it in live-site online)
Why does new kunena work with user list in a different way? what is this difference? (sorry for my insistence but I had to understand)... Why is backend not "synchronized" with the frontend? In old kunena version, user list perfeclty work, or maybe work in a different way... ??? But before it worked :laugh: !

It may also be necessary to use the Synchronize Users facility. Although this is not a "perfect recipe" (nor is it a perfect remedy), I suggest that you use the Synchronize Users facility, check all FOUR checkboxes and then press the Synch button and then see if this makes a difference to your userlist count. Please let us know how you go. :)

I've experimented with all 4 switches (all 16 possible combinations) as you suggest, but nothing changes.
Thanks for your patience :)
W.

ps: and the "problem" if I click at the riht bottom in users list page selecting "ALL", I see only 150 users and no other, and no more pages (1/2... and so on)...???
(in old version if I clik, selecting "All", I see no more the list, but only written "XXX site has 230 users"; that's a possible riht way to work)

Maybe these are details, but not change the fact that they do not work properly....
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by whippet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.523 seconds