Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Idea Does JoomGallery IMG tags work in Kunena?

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by radekgorski
Hello all,

I have problem with inserting photos from JoomGallery (Version 1.5.6.1) to Kunena posts (Version 1.6.2).

Link looks like:

but no image is visible.

Could anyone help me to sovle this, please?

Thanks in advance,
Radek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
I cannot see anything with that link.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #3 by radekgorski
I'm sorry, correct link is:
Code:
[IMG]http://advpoland.com/index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=3642&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=339[/IMG]
Now I inserted that link into [code], because in normally pasted link, Kunena adds "amp;" (that's why you couldn't see anything):
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by radekgorski.

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by radekgorski
Try now, pleaase (sorry, I forgot about user login)

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
Thank you. I wanted to try your image on this website (as I did in www.kunena.org/playground/main/66126-lor...t=10&start=190#79801 ) and, as I understand, it's not possible to use Kunena to post images with that kind of URL structure.

We've had this discussion before (see the results of this search ). I was aware that the functionality had been removed (for security reasons) from K 1.5 and I was aware that the development team had been looking at some proposals to allow JoomGallery images with K 1.6 but I was not sure what the current situation was. That's why I was insisting on seeing your example for myself.

You might find that some of the discussions that I referred you to, the results of the search, will help to better understand the situation with Kunena and JoomGallery but the best answer I can give you is this :

fxstein wrote: You are hitting a security barrier we have built into kunena.

The problem is that all browsers will perform a GET request on any URL placed inside of html < img > tags (and therefore coming from [ img ] tags).

In the case of a gallery this is the right thing to do, unfortunately hackers around the globe have learned to misuse this in various ways.

A very simple and none critical misuse would be to stick the url of the logout link into and [ img ] tag. Whenever somebody gets to look at that page, the logout would get executed. Now a logout is nothing extremely ugly, but you get the point, you can do a lot of other things.

Therefore Kunena performs a security check if the [ img ] tag truly contains an image file by looking at file name and extension.

I don't think that there's much we can do about this at present.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #7 by radekgorski
sozzled,
Thanks for help. It seems that only way to show images from Joomgallery in Kunena posts is to enable SEF settings in global Joomla configuration:
- Search Engine Friendly URLs - Yes
- Use Apache mod_rewrite - Yes
becasue the BBcode from Joomgallery then looks like:
Code:
[IMG]http://advpoland.com/zdjecia/kategorie/image?format=raw&type=img&id=3642[/IMG]
and it is accepted by Kunena component, if Kunena configuration BBcode settings are:
Display images with non-standard file extensions: Image

Regards,
Radek
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by radekgorski.

More
13 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
Sorry, but I tried your idea at this site - this site has the same SEO settings that you described - and it doesn't work either.

More
13 years 2 months ago #9 by radekgorski
Hmm... strange, because it works on my live site!
I'm not a programmer, so can't explain it, maybe you are able to do it.

For example - here you find user's topic (with JoomGallery inserted images). Works!
advpoland.com/forum/12-Relacje-inne/6263...ingwina---Bytom#6263

More
13 years 1 month ago #10 by losthillsguy

radekgorski wrote: sozzled,
Thanks for help. It seems that only way to show images from Joomgallery in Kunena posts is to enable SEF settings in global Joomla configuration:
- Search Engine Friendly URLs - Yes
- Use Apache mod_rewrite - Yes
becasue the BBcode from Joomgallery then looks like:

Code:
[IMG]http://advpoland.com/zdjecia/kategorie/image?format=raw&type=img&id=3642[/IMG]
and it is accepted by Kunena component, if Kunena configuration BBcode settings are:
Display images with non-standard file extensions: Image

Regards,
Radek

Fantastic! This worked in my Kunena forum with the Joomgallery Img tags it generates.

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds