Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Solved by hack] JoomGallery IMG tags don't work in Kunena

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #1 by radekgorski
Hi all,

I have some problem with inserting images into Kunena posts.
It doesn't interpret the bb code correctly, my code looks like (comes from Joom::Gallery):
[IMG] advpoland.com/index.php?view=image&forma...oomgallery&Itemid=54 [IMG]
and as you see there is only code/text, not image visible.

Can anyone help to solve this?

Regards,
Radek
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

This is an image url not convnetional, an image url which will be parse correctly is :

www.kunena.com/components/com_kunena/tem...ages/kunena.logo.png

I don't know joomgallery, maybe there is a way to generate other kind of urls.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #3 by LittleJohn
I think this is a direct bug. (edit; even though its a security measure)

There are PLENTY of galleries and sites out there, that serves images by url parameters through scripts. :S (and there are plenty of reasons to do so)
We cant dictate how the url should be on every image on the web.

radekgorski,
[strike]Have you tried cutting down your image url to see which part makes the trouble?[/strike]
Have you tried if the url is working on other forums that supports bb-code? (if so, which?)

Edit; A whitelist pattern, as someone kindly suggested, would deal with some of these issues, but lets see if its doable first...
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by LittleJohn.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
I use JoomGallery ( www.en.joomgallery.net/ ). The Joomgallery IMG tags do not work in Kunena.

You can't display JoomGallery images in the forum because they are built on-the-fly with PHP. You can, however, post a link to your gallery, like this:
Code:
[URL]http://advpoland.com/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&view=detail&id=1479&Itemid=54#joomimg[/URL]
Here's the picture! :cheer:
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago #5 by fxstein
Gentlemen,

You are hitting a security barrier we have built into kunena.

The problem is that all browsers will perform a GET request on any URL placed inside of html < img > tags (ad therefor coming from [ img ] tags).

In the case of a gallery this is the right thing to do, unfortunately hackers around the globe have learned to misuse this in various ways.

A very simple and none critical misuse would be to stick the url of the logout link into and [ img ] tag. Whenever somebody gets to look at that page, the logout would get executed. Now a logout is nothing extremely ugly, but you get the point, you can do a lot of other things.

Therefore Kunena performs a security check if the [ img ] tag truly contains an image file by looking at file name and extension.

We are discussion on how to provide an override feature that would allow you to whitelist certain urls or domains.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 2 months ago #6 by radekgorski
sozzled wrote:

... however, post a link to your gallery, ...

I know, I can post the link but I need pictures to be displayed.
Take a look here, some solution (Joom::Gallery forum):
www.forum.en.joomgallery.net/index.php?topic=2586.0

Regards,
Radek

More
14 years 1 month ago #7 by GenetiX
I have the same problem too.

Is there some hack I can do myself to override the security setting?

This problem is somewhat difficult for me, because a lot of these images are going to get posted.

More
14 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
See my comments in blue below:

GenetiX wrote:

I have the same problem too.

Is there some hack I can do myself to override the security setting? User modifications to source code ("hacks") are not supported. User modifications that try to bypass the security features implemented in Kunena are not encouraged.

This problem is somewhat difficult for me, because a lot of these images are going to get posted. I sympathise with your situation. I use JoomGallery, too. I have told my users that they cannot use the JoomGallery "BBCode" tags with the forum; I don't have a problem at all.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #9 by GenetiX
I understand these hacks are not encouraged. But it's my own responsibility to do so. I'm not using joomgallery myself, but want to use Yahoo charts. This is such an example:

ichart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=DOW&t=5d&q=...GSPC,%5EIXIC&a=v&p=s

Any help to override certain BB settings would be very helpfull.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by GenetiX.

More
13 years 9 months ago #10 by rizmedh

Time to create page: 0.606 seconds