Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic] How to assign a moderator in Kunena

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by Heuss
How do I add a moderator to the Forum?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Heuss, and welcome to Kunena.

You assign an user account to be a moderator of your forum using the User Administration facility - unfortunately there isn't an article in the Wiki that describes how you do it. :(

There are two types of moderators: those who are assigned to specific moderated categories and those who are "global moderators" who have moderator privileges across all categories in the forum. It's very important to understand the difference between the category moderator and the global moderator.

Let's say you have a category in your forum called "General/Locked Forum" and you've set this category with Moderated = Yes. You do that with the Forum Administration facility.

Let's say that you want to assign a user account to be a moderator of this category (and only this category). See the following image that shows you what you need to use in the User Administration facility.

To assign a user as a global moderator, use the same approach (set Is Moderator = Yes) but do not select any category.

I hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Toya52, MattthewICN

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by strangeoddone
I have a question, I read the other topic on this but where they answer my question they don't answer my question if that makes sense.. Anyway, on my forum I'd like to set it up so that my mods, are also global mods, I need them to have specific boards and have it listed that way on the forum. However, I also need them to be able to mod other boards in case someone cant be on at that point in time if something happens.

I'm not sure If I explained that well... Here's an example: My friend posted something on my forum, under a topic that he didn't mod, and when I informed him that the link he posted no longer worked, he tried to delete or move it, and he didn't have that option. However, he has moderator rights and status. is there a way I can make a new permission that gives my mods global moderation rights, but also be able to keep their specific boards?

www.strangeoddsandends.dyndns-wiki.com

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled

strangeoddone wrote: I read the other topic on this ...

It would help us to know what was this other topic that you read. Do you have the URL of that topic, please?

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by strangeoddone
umm, Somehow I actually managed to merge it with this one, and here I thought I was starting a new topic... There was another one as well though, www.kunena.org/forum/160-k-16-common-que...bal-moderator-option

I think there was one more, that was 2 pages, but I can't seem to find it now..

More
12 years 6 months ago #6 by DJ
Replied by DJ on topic How to Add Moderators
hope this is the right forum for this--I just cannot remember and do not see HOW to add moderators to each category. It says it must be saved (it is) before being able to click "new" (which I don't see on that screen). I have users listed as moderators; just can't remember how to have them appear on each category (back end). Can someone answer this simple question, please? It is the latest install. Thank you anybody.

More
12 years 6 months ago #7 by DJ
Replied by DJ on topic Re: How to Add Moderators SOLVED
I figured it out, but thought I would post it. If a moderator is marked as "Global Moderator" that name does not show up for the specific category. If they are marked as moderator on each category, then they show up on that category's page.

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by abbadon
Hello,
I don`t know if this was discussed by now but i couldn`t find it anywere. I have a forum for a CS comunity and i would like to give permissions like lock, sticky, etc., to a category moderator instead of making him a global moderator. I don`t really fancy the ideea that someone can mess around in another guy forum category. Thank you !!!

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by sozzled

More
12 years 2 months ago #10 by abbadon
Thank you for the quick reply... So let me see if i understand... I give him the administrator rights but only on a specific category of the forum and he can`t do anything in other categories right?? or is it possible to asign to the moderator rank buttons like lock, sticky etc??? thank you again

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds