Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic] Index view shows some categories collapsed and others expanded

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by iamdavinci
Hello,

I am sure that there is a simple answer to this but as I don't know much in the way of PHP or javascript I am having troubles.

I want the child category list to be collapsed, showing only the main category headings when the user first links to the forum.

I can see in the code that there is a cookie set. I am not sure why this is necessary, so if I can turn the cookie function off and just have the menu/lists collapsed everytime someone accesses the main categories page that would be even better.

Easy answer anyone? I am sure it is as simple as switching a '1' to an '0', but try as I might with trial and error I can't seem to find the switch. Maybe it is even accessible through the back end but i cant find it

Thanks guys in advance for your help. Also thanks for a great forum.

Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by mcintst
I'm running kunena v1.6.1 on Joomla v1.5

I have a number of top-level categories on the index page that I want to show collapsed by default, with the expand option removed.

Is this possible, and if so, what do I need to change?
-Stuart.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled
These are good questions. We've discussed them before back in the time of K 1.5 when a few users requested this feature, see [Merged topic] How to have default category view have some categories collapsed and others expanded .

The short answer is that this feature is not currently available in any version of Kunena. If there is support for the idea (either by enough users requesting it or by someone offering to pay for the development of it) then it could be done. In the meantime it remains for someone with the interest and know-how to make the time available to develop a solution.

It's my guess that a setting needs to be stored within the category table (something like "collapse by default") - which means a modification to the Category Manager facility - as well as a change to the code that handles the Index view to process that setting. Simple to explain; non-trivial to implement.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by mcintst
Thanks for the quick response to my question. My workaround to this will be to create a page in Joomla that contains links to each of the top-level categories. Would welcome a "collapse by default" feature.

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by Yrezvani
I think if this setting is add and lie in category manager/setting, usefully it will be very attractive.
I need this setting

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by baijianpeng

sozzled wrote: It's my guess that a setting needs to be stored within the category table (something like "collapse by default") - which means a modification to the Category Manager facility - as well as a change to the code that handles the Index view to process that setting. Simple to explain; non-trivial to implement.

Yes, Kunena needs a new option in configuration page to implement this feature. I think it should be a new option for each category : when add/edit , there is an option " Collapse by default?: Yes / No ".

This is a good feature to have. Hope you will finish it soon.

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

More
13 years 1 month ago #7 by philiplardner
Is it possible to start Kunena with some or all of the information boxes minimised?

I would like to be able to start Kunena with the "Log-in", "Who is on-line" and "Statistics" sections closed or minimised, leaving just the Forums section expanded.

Thanks.

More
13 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
Gday, Phil, and thank you for your question. Even though your question is a little different to similar ones that have been asked before, I have merged your topic with another one that might help to put matters into perspective for you.

Theoretically, anything is possible. However, there's always a cost associated with developing these ideas. To answer your question, I'm sure that this can be done, it just requires willpower (and possibly a bit of a financial incentive) for someone to make it happen. I'm sorry, I don't have a better answer for you at this time.

Short answer: no, this isn't a standard feature of Kunena at this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: philiplardner

More
12 years 5 months ago #9 by NOsen
Replied by NOsen on topic Expand Collapse view?
when you surf to the forum all the tabs are expanded for ea: login stats etc etc

can i set a default for the Expand Collapse view so that always are collapsed?

cheers!

More
12 years 5 months ago #10 by sozzled
G'day, NOsen, and welcome to Kunena.

As you can see from this topic, the question has been asked before but, no, there is no mechanism to achieve it in the standard Kunena software at this time.

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds