Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Change / Edit Forum Rules

More
13 years 4 months ago #21 by amandaking

Eoin wrote: I can see that there are rules and help pages, but I can't see where I edit them. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't seem to be able to find an article or anything in the component it's self.

I'm sure this is me being stupid but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

I found this.

docs.kunena.org/index.php/How_to_create_a_rule_and_a_help_page

Create an article in Joomla (content) within the category / section for your website.
Write down your rules.
Save the page.
Note down the article's ID number. (This is a single number.)
Go to Kunena backend, Kunena Configuration, Frontend.
In the field "Rules Content ID" add the ID number for your rules page.
Set the fields "Enable Rules Page" and "Show rules in Kunena" to Yes.
How to show help page in Kunena

The procedure to show a help page within Kunena is similar to the procedure for the rules page described above.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jambzy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #22 by robytotem

amandaking wrote:

Eoin wrote: I can see that there are rules and help pages, but I can't see where I edit them. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't seem to be able to find an article or anything in the component it's self.

I'm sure this is me being stupid but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

I found this.

Create an article in Joomla (content) within the category / section for your website.
Write down your rules.
Save the page.

The procedure to show a help page within Kunena is similar to the procedure for the rules page described above.

ok but i wish a botton Rules in the forum not only a link to come to article...i have read, to make Rules on K1.6: make a botton menu type Kunena and select Kunena Rules...but i don't want this...i wish like the K1.5.13 a botton on top of forum "Rules"...undestand???

thanks you very much

More
13 years 4 months ago #23 by Azure
Replied by Azure on topic Re: Change / Edit Forum Rules
Hi Roby

What Amanda's advised you IS how you get the Rules botton [button ;)] to work! The link to the article doesn't mean you are taken out of the forum. On the contrary, the article gets pulled into the forum by setting up the article ID in the Kunena configuration. Follow the instructions and you will see it in action!

robytotem wrote:

amandaking wrote:

I found this.

Write down your rules.
Save the page.

ok but i wish a botton Rules in the forum not only a link to come to article...i have read, to make Rules on K1.6: make a botton menu type Kunena and select Kunena Rules...but i don't want this...i wish like the K1.5.13 a botton on top of forum "Rules"...undestand???

thanks you very much

"Do or do not, there is no try..."

More
13 years 3 months ago #24 by chrismicro1
Hi can you please help me? where do I edit my rules?

More
13 years 1 month ago #25 by Dixioldie
Hello,
as a newbee in setting up a forum, my question maybe a bit stupid:
In my new installed Kunena forum, in the RULES folder, I can only see the standard text of my homepage. I didn't find a way to add my own text there.

Thanks for any help

More
13 years 1 month ago #26 by sozzled
G'day, Dixioldie, and welcome to Kunena.

See How to create a rule and a help page in the Wiki.

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds