Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Change / Edit Forum Rules

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by Eoin
I can see that there are rules and help pages, but I can't see where I edit them. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't seem to be able to find an article or anything in the component it's self.

I'm sure this is me being stupid but if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by jekwumoore
the "rules" page of my forum is blank. how do i enter my own content in it?

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by freedomcoach
I would like to better understand how to assign a page to the Kunena menu items “help” and "rules". At present, the help menu item is going to some article on my site which seems arbitrary and certainly is not appropriate. There is some place where the target URL is set for Kunena menu items. I would like to better understand this. Thanks!

Howard

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by xpozay
All you need to do is change the article ID number in the Kunena configuration frontend tab. Look for rules and help. Enter the article ID. Bingo.

Sozzled your link is broken

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #6 by freedomcoach
Sozzled,

Thanks. For me, the rules and help buttons are taking me to one of my articles that is totally off topic. What if I want to direct the user to an external help page such as the wiki page here? Is there a way to do that or do most forum managers create their own help and rules pages?

If the later, I'd love to see some examples of these pages so I'm not re-inventing the wheel. Maybe we should create a thread for this, i.e. sample help and rules pages. What do you think?

I'm noticing that the help and rules tabs have been taken out of the menu here on the forum. How do you do that? Deselect those items in the menu?

BTW, the link in the post below "See How to create a rule and a help page in the companion Wiki site." is not working.

Sincerely,
Howard
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by freedomcoach.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #7 by sozzled
The reason the link is broken is an unintended side-effect of the website going from a dot-com to a dot-org. Although all the www.kunena.com addresses have been redirected to www.kunena.org , the same has not happened with addresses involving docs.kunena.com. Therefore, in the several thousand messages where a link was posted in this forum with the address doc.kunena.com, all of them (at the present time) are broken.

In this particular topic, I have corrected the mistake (thanks for pointing it out, xpozay).

As far as a basic help and rules page is concerned, the question has been asked several times before. See Help text for new users (please remember that there may be "broken links" in that topic, too).

As far as a "rules" page is concerned, that's entirely up to you. Every website has its own "Terms of Use", "Acceptable Usage Policy", "Code of Conduct" or whatever it's called - and if they don't have one then they should have one - so you can use Google and search for what other people have written and adapt them to suit your own purposes.

freedomcoach wrote:

I'm noticing that the help and rules tabs have been taken out of the menu here on the forum. How do you do that? Deselect those items in the menu?

This last question of yours has also been answered several times, too: see How to hide or disable various menu items in K 1.6 (e.g. rules, help, search)

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by freedomcoach
Hi Sozzled:

Thanks. It was easy. All I did was unpublish the help and rules menu items in the Kunena menu. All done!

Sincerely,
Howard

More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by Mister V
Replied by Mister V on topic Rules
I am completely new and would like to know FireBoard

Where should I place the rules so that when I click the tab "rules" then that one can read it

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled
G'day, Mister V, and welcome to Kunena.

See How to create a rule and a help page in the companion Wiki site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister V

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds