Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Language development process

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by alakentu
Hello everyone!

Many of our users are day to day with the current expectation in the development of Kunena 1.6 and is for all of us very pleased to see the concern of all of you for the component and the cravings that show the arrival of the expected stable release.

Kunena Project Team is working hard to eliminate any error shows that the component file, which is why every day we work with the development of the component (whatever the working position) look the way that you can be aware of the good news of it.

In this case I have to announce the development of language files added to our component. Every day a little more edited K1.6 we are in need of updating the language files so that the final version works 100%

1.6 Kunena has at this time (Public Beta 1) 9 different languages of installation, these are you default language (for this version):

English, Dutch, German, French, Serbian, Yugoslavian, Finnish, Spanish, Russian

But not everything is there. In there we have a total of "30 languages" that can be downloaded and installed in the component (if they do not come into the final version!)

Many d they still do not have a complete edition, and why we again call for all users to collaborate on the development of languages. It's easy, if they can not or do not know we are here to help!

The list is long and growing files grow slightly with each edition of the component. Look what we have for you so far:
  • Arabic (70% complete)
  • Bulgaria (80% complete)
  • Catalan (100% complete)
  • German (100% complete)
  • Greek (80% complete)
  • English [default] (100% complete)
  • Spanish (100% complete)
  • Persian [Farsi] (70% complete)
  • Finnish (80% complete)
  • French (100% complete)
  • Croatian (60% complete)
  • Hungarian (70% complete)
  • Italian (90% complete)
  • Japanese (60% complete)
  • Macedonian (80% complete)
  • Norwegian (80% complete)
  • Dutch (100% complete)
  • Polish (70% complete)
  • Portuguese [Portugal] (60% complete)
  • Portuguese [Brazil] (60% complete)
  • Romanian (60% complete)
  • Rusian (100% complete)
  • Serbian (100% complete)
  • Yugoslavian (100% complete)
  • Swedish (70% complete)
  • Thai (60% complete)
  • Turkish (60% complete)
  • Ukrainian (80% complete)
  • Chinese [Simplified] (90% complete)
  • Chinese [Traditional] (90% complete)
As you can see the list is a bit dense and many sources do not yet have an effective or satisfactory level of translation. Thus we again appeal to all users who want to collaborate on the project.

Please help for everyone. Remember! We are a community.

Best regards.

KS!
NO hacer Spam | NO esbribas todo en mayúsculas | Sigue las reglas
The following user(s) said Thank You: fxstein, sozzled, DTP2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by DTP2
Thank you very much for this update on the language files.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by alakentu

DTP2 wrote: Thank you very much for this update on the language files.

Thanks to you, and all users who are slowly getting / giving good results for each language file update.

But we need to keep working, and that every day more people join in this work of translation. That is why we must make a general call to all who can help.

It is a good idea to create groups for each language translation, each group has a coordinator and together they have the work to update, verify and manage the language. Once the 100% of the translation is set to send to our svn so that that language be inserted into the package or uploaded to the download site.

For my part I think is good idea, but need not be implemented to start working and get better results. And more accurate.

Best regards.

KS!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by fxstein
Many thanks to you and all who have contributed! While we are not done by any means, this is very incredible progress in a short time! It is awesome to see how this is moving along.

With Kunena 1.6 now supporting installable language packages, this will be a blessing for many international users.

Thanks a lot for your efforts in leading this!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by kmilos
An idea for increasing the level and quality of Kunena localization would be to use Translate Toolkit's prop2po [1] to convert the crappy Joomla INI language files to gettext po (seems they are most similar to Mozilla language files), do internal translation and updating using established gettext tools, even through a collaborative web interface such as Pootle [2], then convert them back to crappy Joomla INI format using po2prop.

I for one will not contribute to Kunena and any other Joomla translations any longer because of the terrible L10 API, keeping things up to date is unnecessarily complicated and a waste of time.

[1] translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/prop2po
[2] translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/index

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by Linuus
Where do I find these files? I want the Swedish file.

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by Linuus

Many d they still do not have a complete edition, and why we again call for all users to collaborate on the development of languages. It's easy, if they can not or do not know we are here to help!

I tried at least...

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #8 by alakentu

Linuus wrote: Where do I find these files? I want the Swedish file.

The package files will be available to all users (once the development process) in the Downloads section of this website.

We are working hard to bring the files to 100% and that everyone can enjoy in your own language component, the task is not easy but it will never be an impossible task.

Thank you all.

KS!
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by alakentu.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by Linuus
Ok. I thought maybe I could help with some % of the Swedish language file. If that's not possible I hope it's finished soon B)

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by valandis
I currently work on the Greek translation for Kunena 1.6 (based on my translation for Kunena 1.5.12). As soon as I'm done I will post it here and to KED.

ValAddThis - Social Bookmarking Extension plugin and module .

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds