Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
13 years 6 months ago #241 by Jammy
Hi Matias I sent you a PM, would be grateful if you could have a look for me.

regards
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 6 months ago #242 by Matias
Please check that System - Mootools Upgrade is the first system plugin listed.

If it doesn't help, your issue is probably in your template or a plugin.. Try to locate the issue by using default template and disabling all extra plugins.
More
13 years 6 months ago #243 by Matias
There's no link in Edit. If the issue is only there when you have Mootools integration turned on, I suspect that there's JavaScript that removes that link.

I suspect that it's System - RokBox plugin..? (Check sticky topic on Mootools issues)
More
13 years 6 months ago #244 by Jammy
I think its my template thats causing the problem, but I cant see why :( would it be possible to change the Edit profile button from java to a normal button? as this is the only problem I have with it, and I dont want to change my template.

Thanks for your help btw, appreciate it.
More
13 years 6 months ago #245 by sozzled
I understand your reluctance to change your Joomla template but, first of all, can you confirm if Matias' suggestions come close to whatever is going on in your situation. In other words, what Joomla template are you using?

We know that there are issues involving certain Joomla templates and Kunena. These issues are not isolated to Kunena - they can affect other Joomla extensions, too. So, while I understand your reluctance to change, can we eliminate your site template as a possible contibuting factor? Can copy your production site to a place where you can test things (without affecting your normal operations), uninistall the template and try something "standard" (like rhuk_milkyway) and then let's go from there. Does this sound like a workable plan to you? :dry:
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #246 by highcivil85
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by highcivil85.
More
13 years 6 months ago #247 by AndreyS
Collided with same problem that and many here. But it was interesting to understand what's all the same thing. I wonder what sets Kunena 1.6. on two sites (Joomla 1.5.20 Kunena 1.5.12). On one of them "System - Mootools Upgrade" was disconnected but toolbar BBCode perfectly was visible and worked. A on second site albeit plugin was enable, but toolbar BBCode no wished displayed. Progressively disabling different plugins did not help solve the problem.
And I decided see what Java scripts realistically loaded and noticed that except MooTools 1.2 yet and runs MooTools old version that runs from catalog my old but convenient template. Downloading new template from same manufacturer toolbar BBCode perfectly began working. But since I not wanted trade my habitual template, I simply disconnected launch file MooTools old version. Now everything works!

I can not but express my great gratitude to the entire development team Kunena. Tried about 5 of the best forums was your best in all respects! You doing serious affair moreover very neatly and sensibly. Thank for your big labor such operational support and patience! :)

Blessings hereinafter!
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #248 by F0l2saken
I'm having the same problem, everything else works, I have the mootools upgrade enabled, the bb code and all of that works, but edit profile is not click-able.

Dear god, I tried installing the upgrade from rc3 to 1.6 stable and it just broke my site, it gets stuck in a loop. It says it's complete, clicked finish, and then it just reinstalls :(

Weird it just went away suddenly, but now I have the exact same issue. Disable moo tools upgrade and I can edit my profile but the BB code vanishes as well as the ability to minimize and maxmize boxes, enable moo tools upgrade, and I can't edit my profile. I'm going to try what you said in the other forum with initialize and will post the results
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by F0l2saken.
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #249 by F0l2saken
It says "Kunena will enable the mootools upgrade" well it's not doing that at all, if I disable moo tools upgrade I can edit my profile, but then none of the fields can be edited . The instructions say if I don't have an initialize I'm ok, but I"m not, I have to enable the moo tools upgrade because kunena stable will not.

Then if I do enable the moo tools upgrade, I can't edit my profile. Wow this mootools 1.24 is causing a lot of problems with a lot of people :( This one doesn't seem like it can be easily fixed either :( Kunena won't enable the upgraded mootools :(
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by F0l2saken.
More
13 years 6 months ago #250 by F0l2saken
One more quick piece of information that seems like it might actually be an easy fix.

If I enable the moo tools upgrade, and then copy and paste the link to edit the profilek, I can edit it, the only problem is, the edit link doesn't show up in the profile view, well it says edit, but clicking on it does nothing. I'm going to hack the file and make it manually point to the link I want it to
Time to create page: 0.642 seconds