Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion

More
More
13 years 6 months ago #212 by dilipray
Found a solution .Found a solution .Found a solution .Found a solution .Found a solution .

disable "System Mambot"

it will start working :laugh: ..

thank me if it work..
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 6 months ago #213 by sozzled
@dilipray: I don't have a "System Mambot". Is that a component, module, plugin, language or template? Where does this "System Mambot" thing come from? It is not something that is installed with a standard Joomla installation.

As we have consistently said, the problems that people have should not happen with a standard Joomla installation. If you are concerned that you might have problems with Kunena and the unique combination of Joomla extensions installed on your website then you should verify that Kunena will work using a test site; you should not install Kunena (or any other Joomla extension, for that matter) directly on your live production site until you have checked that it will not conflict with something else.

When users think they have a solution, would they please provide more details (a screen image capture, perhaps). Thank you.

@TheFlyingKiwi: The order of plugins is important. This is one of the best suggestions that I've read in this topic. Thank you very much for your contribution. :)

@F0l2saken: Can you please let us know if the plugin you are referring to is the one that 810 asked you about? As I wrote above, when users think they have a solution (and I think you may have stumbled across a solution that could help others who might be tempted to use the Mootools Control plugin) can they please provide more information about what these conflicting extensions are and from where they were obtained. Thank you.
More
13 years 6 months ago #214 by dilipray

sozzled wrote: @dilipray: I don't have a "System Mambot". Is that a component, module, plugin, language or template? Where does this "System Mambot" thing come from? It is not something that is installed with a standard Joomla installation.

As we have consistently said, the problems that people have should not happen with a standard Joomla installation. If you are concerned that you might have problems with Kunena and the unique combination of Joomla extensions installed on your website then you should verify that Kunena will work using a test site; you should not install Kunena (or any other Joomla extension, for that matter) directly on your live production site until you have checked that it will not conflict with something else.

The only mistake can be by plugins .. There is never a error from component or a module until..

Disable all the System-Plugins except the mootool upgrade and i am sure this work ..

Then keep Enabling all the System- Plugins to find which plugin has a error :P
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #215 by sozzled

dilipray wrote: The only mistake can be by plugins ..

I disagree. Earlier in this discussion topic I wrote ( msg #95 ):

Javascript conflicts are going to come from one of five possible sources (in descending order of likelihood)

(1) a module
(2) a plugin
(3) a template
(4) a language
(5) a component

Because Kunena is the only component loaded on your web page we can safely eliminate that one.

What you need to do is to find out whether it is a module or plugin or template that's causing your problem. To do this you need to, one-by-one, disable all modules and plugins (except the System - Mtupgrade plugin) to see if this fixes the problem. If it doesn't then you need to look at the template.

Plugins are not the only source of likely Javascript conflicts with Kunena.

dilipray: Can you please answer my question. What is the "System Mambot" thing that you had - which you disabled - and where did it come from?
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #216 by dilipray

sozzled wrote: dilipray: Can you please answer my question. What is the "System Mambot" thing that you had - which you disabled - and where did it come from?

This plugin will come with jomsocial ,jomcomment and myblog component

and it is useful to read some mambot components.

Jomsocial 1.5 and 1.6 haves this plugin.
Jomsocial 1.8 doesn't use this anymore.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Minor change to BBcode to clarify origin of quoted text
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #217 by F0l2saken
Don't listen to dilipray he's clueless, he's talking about Azrul System Mambot For Joomla which still comes with jomsocial as late as 1.8.9

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Matias. Reason: Hide offending paragraphs
More
13 years 6 months ago #218 by dilipray
It worked for me.I'm trying to help.I'm not arguing with anyone.

Thank You.
More
13 years 6 months ago #219 by dilipray
Or you can do a easy thing

System Mambot ..
Change
Compress JavaScript - No .

I guess this would work
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #220 by Morfei
Hello.

Probably not the best option was to chase the new mootools. With the included plugins System - Mootools Upgrade stops working standard calendar when adding an article to joomla 1.5.20. Problem with menu bbcodes never decided. Modules and plug-ins cut off, SEF also cut off. Template tried on another site. Link not working with the forum and the website has not yet discovered. mambots also cut off.

Is it possible to somehow integrate mootools directly into the forum and use it as a standard off? It is on the pages to add a post. Where the editor is used.

This is just a suggestion. I indicate you have no right. This would be greatly facilitated the lives of users of the forum.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Morfei.
Time to create page: 0.501 seconds