Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Important After upgraded forum shows broken links won't work

• skinny
  • skinny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Kunena lover. I need professional help!
More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by skinny
I upgraded the Kunena forum and it screwed everything up. Members are pissed:

www.proanaonline.com

You have to register in order to see the forum.

I even tried DOWNGRADING to the old Kunena like I had.

1.5 to 1.6 and total disaster.

I don't want to lose any boards or discussions. I seriously need help.

When I click on a discussion I get 404 or 401 errors. No joke.

I included a screen shot for those who don't wanna reg. to look at the forum.

Contact info: skinny-blog.com/contact-me
(951)-262-3550 EXT 2
Blackberry PIN: 4036ce1f
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #2 by Cerberus
Only way back from K1.6 ALPHA ( This release is not recommended to be used on live production sites. ) is to restore your site from a backup.

i can also see from your image that your template does not support K1.6
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by fxstein.

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by Matias
There is very easy way to restore your old forum..

You need to UNINSTALL Kunena 1.6 in order to make Kunena 1.5 to work again as upgrade from K1.6 => K1.5 leaves some menu items behind (after all it's meant to upgrade, not downgrade), which confuses/breaks K1.5 router. So:

1) install K1.6 again
2) uninstall Kunena
3) install K1.5
4) Fix menu item to point Kunena again (Joomla doesn't do it automatically on uninstall)
5) remove all jos_kunena tables, otherwise you will loose all new messages when you upgrade again (well, maybe I have time to add that option to installer before it goes stable).

After you have done 1-4, your forum should work again -- it's like restoring backup from the forum.

How did the upgrade fail? If it's not yet fixed, we need to do that. :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by Matias
I just remembered how to fix this issue easier.

Delete Kunena Menu in menu manager and empty trash.

No need to do 1-4. :)

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #5 by Moonstone

skinny wrote: I upgraded the Kunena forum and it screwed everything up. Members are pissed:

Why did you install on a live production site?

Kunena 1.6 Alpha 2 Now Available

The Kunena Team is thrilled to announce Kunena 1.6 Alpha 2. This is a development release and should be used for testing and should not be used on live websites.

Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Moonstone.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
I've moved this topic (where it was originally posted in the K 1.5 Support category) to this K 1.6 Common Questions category because the matters that it touches upon probably will, for a little while at least, be "commonly asked questions" about what we can do to support our K 1.6 friends. Let repeat what we've said before:

sozzled wrote: For several months the Kunena team has been working hard to create the new, much-improved forum software for Joomla ... Kunena 1.6. For those who would like to know more about this exciting development, I recommend that you take a tour of some of the new features and concepts that have been introduced: see Kunena 1.6 - a moderator's view .

At the time of writing, the Kunena team is heading towards support our users with K 1.6. Even though Kunena has not yet been released as a "stable production version" we are putting less emphasis on the development of the product and more emphasis on helping users to adopt the new version smoothly and without problems. K 1.6 is already being used in live production sites around the world.

Of course there will always be problems - nothing is perfect - and even with the best plans things don't always work out as we'd hope for but we feel that it's important to stress the advantages now instead of dwelling on might happen in the future.

We ask you to bear in mind that most of us, users and moderators alike, are in the similar situation together - we're learning, too - but we'll always try to do our best to help you.

Please remember, when you post your questions, to include details about what version of Kunena you are using (use the K 1.6 configuration report feature to save you time), use the search facility as much as possible and look at the documentation Wiki site . Even though there is a lot of work still to be done with the K 1.6 documentation site, there is help there for you. If you have ideas on how to help with our work please let me know. :)

Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

• skinny
More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by skinny
Tried everything. Nothing is working...

(951)-262-3550 EXT 2

• skinny
More
13 years 9 months ago #8 by skinny
Also i looked through cpanel (PHPMYADMIN) I cannot find jos_kunena anything either.

(951)-262-3550 EXT 2

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #9 by sozzled
skinny: The jos_kunena_* tables - mentioned in Matias' post earlier - were added during, or after, the constuction K 1.6 ALPHA ... possibly in K 1.6 ALPHA2 or later (I can't remember when, exactly). If you would like me to look at your specific problem, please send me a PM. I strongly suggest that you make a backup of your website now, in case my help causes more problems and you need to revert back to what you had before.

I will need administrator access to your website. Do you have Skype? It helps if we can talk through the issues in real time.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 9 months ago #10 by xillibit

skinny wrote: Tried everything. Nothing is working...

Hello,

Can-you please explain what didn't worked ?

The next time please don't install an alpha version on a production site without significatives tests.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds