Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Backslash Problem

More
12 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Backslash Problem
We understand the problem. I, personally, don't know how to fix it. Disabling magic quotes enabled in PHP configuration may required talking to your webhosting provider to see if you can disable this on your site or whether there is a global setting (affecting all users of a shared server) that they are willing to change for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: camsarim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #12 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Re: Backslash Problem
I can't see you config (not a moderator) but do you have RokCandy installed, if so, turn it off.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled
I don't know anything about the site, either, apart from what the user has given us (and I think camsarim has edited his configuration report). So, I'm guessing. If I had the URL of the website, if the user had upgraded to K 1.7.2 and posted his unedited Kunena configuration report, if ... :whistle:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #14 by Jiminimonka

sozzled wrote: I don't know anything about the site, either, apart from what the user has given us (and I think camsarim has edited his configuration report). So, I'm guessing. If I had the URL of the website, if the user had upgraded to K 1.7.2 and posted his unedited Kunena configuration report, if ... :whistle:

If only.... :ohmy:

Please read the FAQ.

More
12 years 2 months ago #15 by camsarim
Replied by camsarim on topic Re: Backslash Problem
Here is the latest config : (and No, I do not use RokCandy)

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 7M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_balance | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.1 | creationdate: January 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.4.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1 | My Kunena Forum Menu 1.7.1 | Kunena Groups 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Login 1.7.1

More
12 years 2 months ago #16 by Jiminimonka
As I said earlier I cannot see the details as
tags hide it from non-moderators/admins, but just to save time, you have not edited the config details you pasted from your Kunena admin have you? As that means time will be wasted again.

Please read the FAQ.

More
12 years 2 months ago #17 by camsarim
Replied by camsarim on topic Re: Backslash Problem

Jiminimonka wrote: As I said earlier I cannot see the details as tags hide it from non-moderators/admins, but just to save time, you have not edited the config details you pasted from your Kunena admin have you? As that means time will be wasted again.

I am copying and pasting whatever I see under "Report Configuration Settings", I am not editing anything. On the initial one I had just deleted my domain name, that was all. This one is whatever's reported by Kunena. Let me know what I need to change here.

More
12 years 2 months ago #18 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Backslash Problem
Users should not reveal what's inside confidential tags as that information may reveal sensitive (enough) information to hackers. One of them is URL to the site, which should be only public if users himself wants.

There are 3 possible causes of the issue:
1) incoming data gets escaped
2) database INSERT gets escaped

Kunena itself is not escaping data anywhere, so it must be something else that's doing this.

So next we need to find out if the issue is restricted just to posting messages, or if the issue is also in the Kunena categories, profile (disable JomSocial profile integration to test it) -- and if you have the same issues outside Kunena, such as in articles or JomSocial.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #19 by sozzled
Thank you for posting your unedited Kunena configuration report. I think I've found the cause of the problem: your website loads
Code:
<script src="/cache/template/gzip.php?mootools-core-8cb2d3c3.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/cache/template/gzip.php?core-f3f81d38.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/cache/template/gzip.php?mootools-more-5095206d.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/cache/template/gzip.php?jquery-b5b47b61.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Turn off whatever is generating these things.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #20 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Backslash Problem
Sozzled, are you sure that JavaScript is causing these issues? Because of I suspect that the issue is in much lower level.

BUT It's better to enable gzip in Apache/PHP than using a plugin to do it.

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds