Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Backslash Problem

More
12 years 2 months ago #21 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Backslash Problem
Have seen issues before with other GZIP plugins (e.g. RokGZIP) and Kunena. When the plugin is disabled, hey presto, Kunena works again. :)

I'm not sure which particular brand of plugin is involved here, but there's something else loading on the site that has slowed page loads down to about 2½ seconds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: camsarim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #22 by camsarim
Replied by camsarim on topic Re: Backslash Problem
Okay, thanks for the diagnostic help.

Here are what I have tried :

1.Enabled Gzip, disabled Gzip from Joomla Global Config --- Problem continues
2.Enabled Jomsocial Integration, disabled Jomsocial Integration (all options off and on) from Kunena settings --- problem continues

I don't quite understand what sozzled's suggestion was. How am I supposed to reverse engineer that information?

This is a problem which makes it impossible to use Kunena. Forum gets stuffed with (\)s all over, annoying users and moderators. So frustrating, don't know what to do.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by camsarim.

More
12 years 2 months ago #23 by camsarim

Matias wrote: Users should not reveal what's inside confidential tags as that information may reveal sensitive (enough) information to hackers. One of them is URL to the site, which should be only public if users himself wants.

There are 3 possible causes of the issue:
1) incoming data gets escaped
2) database INSERT gets escaped

Kunena itself is not escaping data anywhere, so it must be something else that's doing this.

So next we need to find out if the issue is restricted just to posting messages, or if the issue is also in the Kunena categories, profile (disable JomSocial profile integration to test it) -- and if you have the same issues outside Kunena, such as in articles or JomSocial.

Tested the articles. This is only happening in Kunena "posting" or "modifying the posts" as far as I know.

More
12 years 2 months ago #24 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Re: Backslash Problem
There is something wrong with your setup.

Go back over all the posts, and do as suggested.

The GZIP Sozzled was talking about was not the Joomla one it was a GZIP module such as RokGZip or maybe one inside a Gantry template.

You have also established that the issue is only in Kunena itself, so which module is interfering with Kunena?

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 2 months ago #25 by camsarim

Jiminimonka wrote: There is something wrong with your setup.

Go back over all the posts, and do as suggested.

The GZIP Sozzled was talking about was not the Joomla one it was a GZIP module such as RokGZip or maybe one inside a Gantry template.

You have also established that the issue is only in Kunena itself, so which module is interfering with Kunena?

Hi,

I tried 3 different templates including the default joomla template atom. Disabled Gzip. Disabled magic quotes. I went over all the plugins and I will be copying and pasting all of them here maybe you might see something that I do not see. Below are the all enabled plugins, I am using Jomsocial and Wordpress integration.

Plug-in Name Status Ordering Type Element Access ID
Display #
User - Wordpress user wordpress Public 10084
Editor - None editors none Public 411
System - NoNumber! Framework system nnframework Public 10067
Search - Newsfeeds search newsfeeds Public 420
System - Modules Anywhere system modulesanywhere Public 10065
Button - Modules Anywhere editors-xtd modulesanywhere Public 10066
System - Logout system logout Public 430
System - Log system log Public 426
Content - Load Modules content loadmodule Public 406
Search - Kunena search kunenasearch Public 10035
My Kunena Forum Menu community kunenamenu Public 10036
System - P3P Policy system p3p Public 423
Content - Pagebreak content pagebreak Public 407
Button - Pagebreak editors-xtd pagebreak Public 415
Authentication - WordPress authentication wordpress Public 10085
Search - Weblinks search weblinks Public 421
Walls community walls Public 10005
My twitter updates community twitter Public 10079
System - SEF system sef Public 429
System - Remember Me system remember Public 428
System - Redirect system redirect Public 427
Button - Readmore editors-xtd readmore Public 416
System - Zend Lib system zend Public 10008
Content - Page Navigation content pagenavigation Public 408
Kunena Groups community kunenagroups Public 10033
System - Debug system debug Public 425
Search - Content search content Public 419
Editor - TinyMCE editors tinymce Public 412
Editor - CodeMirror editors codemirror Public 410
Content - Email Cloaking content emailcloak Public 404
Friend's Location community friendslocation Public 10081
Search - Categories search categories Public 417
Button - Image editors-xtd image Public 414
System - Jomsocial Facebook Connect system jomsocialconnect Public 10006
User - Jomsocial User user jomsocialuser Public 10063
Search - Contacts search contacts Public 418
plg_system_kunena system kunena Public 10094
User - Joomla! user joomla Public 432
Button - Article editors-xtd article Public 413
Azrul System Mambot For Joomla system azrul.system Public 10003
Extension - Joomla extension joomla Public 434
Content - Joomla content joomla Public 435
Authentication - Joomla

More
12 years 2 months ago #26 by sozzled
Let's eliminate, once and for all, that this is not a PHP or a webhosting issue.

Can you create a completely fresh Joomla 1.7.2 website on the same server as your "turkpsikiyatri" site (where you are having problems). Do not install any other Joomla template (use the default Beez20 template). Do not install any other Joomla extenstions. Do not change any Global Congiguration settings. Then I want you to install K 1.7.2. Do not make any changes to the configuration settings.

After that, I want you to post a message, with quotes, and see what happens. Please report your results here.

This test should take you about one hour. This one hour could save us many days of guessing what could be the problem.

More
12 years 2 months ago #27 by camsarim
I did what you said, step by step. Problem dissapeared. I posted a message with quotes and came out normal.

Now what?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 7M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 2 months ago #28 by sozzled
What this established, beyond any doubt, is that it's not PHP and it's not Joomla and it's not Kunena that are causing the problems! :woohoo: This is good to know because it means you can run Kunena on your hosted web platform.

What this test has clearly established is that there is a difference between your test site (which works) and your production site (which doesn't work). The trick is to find what is this difference and we're only guessing because we have not tested every Joomla extension that you are running on your production site with Kunena.

You have something on your production site that converts unescaped quotes and stores them as escaped quotes in the database. What that something is, I do not know.

The next step is to change, one step at a time, your test site so that it's as close as possible a duplicate of your production site. This means changing Joomla settings (Global Configuration settings for example), adding other components, modules, plugins, templates, languages (perhaps) and, as soon as you make any of these changes, test that Kunena works after making those changes.

It's only my guess that the most likely source of your problem is the Yootheme template that you're using on your live site. If not the template itself, it's probably a plugin or a module that's included with the template. I could be wrong.

So, really, it's now up to you to carry out the next yourself (or pay someone a lot of money to figure out what's really happening). It may take you an hour to find out what's wrong - you may be lucky - or it may take you a week or more (depending on how many extensions and changes you have to work with). I wish you all the very best of luck.

For the time being, I think this is all we can do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kwally, camsarim

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #29 by camsarim
Thank you very much for your efforts.

I found the cause of the problem.

I am using Wordpress integration from CorePHP on my site. This component comes with 2 plugins authentication and user. I disabled both, kunena page load speed has increased by 2 seconds, and backslash problem dissappeared.

I am glad that I found the cause of the problem but I am frustrated because it is the user WP integration for my more than one blog the the main site. I do not know how to fix it though. I will try to do a diagnostic search in those plugins than may have putting those backslashes before all quotes.

Any idea why and how might this backslash is being placed just in Kunena DB feed process and more, what does really mean?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by camsarim.

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds