Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Thumbnail Size

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #1 by Angkorthom
Thumbnail Size was created by Angkorthom
Not sure if this a problem or just the way I set it up in Kunena 1.7.1 So let me begin as a question first.

So I set up my thumbnail size as follow:

Maximum Image Width 640 px
Maximum Image Height 800 px
Thumbnail Width 200 px
Thumbnail Height 200 px

But my thumbnail still shows 32 by 32 px. It does not seem to change size according to the back-end setting.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Thumbnail Size
The avatar thumbnail size (of 32 x 32) applies to the avatar images that appear on the "index" views of your forum (i.e. the Index, Recent Topics, My Topics, No Replies tabs). Is this what we are discussing? It might help if you show us exactly (with a picture) what images you would like to see sized to 200 x 200. Thanks

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by Angkorthom
Replied by Angkorthom on topic Re: Thumbnail Size
This is the thumbnail I was referring to.

Attachments:

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for explaining your problem. The thumbnail image is created when someone uploads an image on your forum and it cannot be changed after they're posted the attachment.

When someone uploads an image on the forum, two files are created. The explanation about what happens is explained in this topic: 1.7 issue with Attachments not showing

However, if you change the way that new thumbnails are created then, for new images uploaded, differently-sized thumbnails will be created in the folder ..media/kuenena/attachments/n/thumb/ (where n is the user-id of the person who uploaded their image(s)).

Now that you have changed your configuration settings, try again - post a new message on your forum with a new image - and see if this has fixed your problem.

More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by missalexrowsell
Replied by missalexrowsell on topic Re: Thumbnail Size
Looking for the same answer, many users are saying the thumbnail is too small, and we have not been able to change this setting with any success in the obvious place.

Thanks in advance.

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
The dimensions of existing thumbnail images cannot be changed. You can change the dimensions for thumbnail images so that when new attachments are uploaded the dimensions of the thumbnail images will be different. That's what I was trying to explain in my previous message in this topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missalexrowsell

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by missalexrowsell
Replied by missalexrowsell on topic Re: Thumbnail Size
I understand Sozzled. How does one change it for future uploads? I am a "go-fer", I ask questions and find answers when I can for the people who run the show in regards to minor things/inconveniences. I appreciate your help and patience.

More
12 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
I thought this was answered in msg #1 in this topic. Yes? I'm not sure what other information you need to know. :unsure:

More
12 years 1 month ago #9 by fairwea1
Replied by fairwea1 on topic Re: Thumbnail Size

sozzled wrote: I thought this was answered in msg #1 in this topic. Yes? I'm not sure what other information you need to know. :unsure:

Hi Sozzled, I've had this same problem and know others having this problem. Have you tested changing the thumbnail size in options and it worked?

I thought I read somewhere on here to try changing the sizing in the template css. I believe I changed it in the default css and that didn't work. I just checked the default min css and saw 32 x 32 in there, would that work? (I'm not sure if it's default or not, going off of memory of where I found it)

More
12 years 1 month ago #10 by sozzled
I haven't played with this myself, no, and I eagerly confess to my ignorance of the subject :blush: . I do know, though, that the image dimensions are not dynamic. When an attachment is uploaded it creates a 32 x 32 px image. What settings control that - hmmm - that's a good question. That's why I asked the original poster to test the theory and reply to this topic. Evidently the theory (msg #1) was wrong.

Perhaps someone else should get involved in this topic and provide us with a clue as to what really is the answer. If I discover the answer, I'll post it here. (I'm guessing that you have to actually edit a file manually - don't quote me on that - but I can't remember what it was.)

Would someone like to search the forum to see if this question has been asked/answered before, please?

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds