Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question gallery function in kunena

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by Symbiot
Hi

I am on the verge on converting to kunena.. but I need to ask...

What option in regards to user gallery / image upload does kunena possess?

How does kunena interact with other gallery components?

What options are out there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

For now, on this side nothing exist to interact with others gallery components and it's not possible to have an user image gallery. For image upload porcess, just look here how it's work

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by Symbiot
So you can only use images as attachments?

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled

Symbiot wrote: So you can only use images as attachments?

Of course not. If an image exists somewhere on the internet, and you know its URL, you can hotlink the image. Just make sure that, when you're hotlinking images, you're not stealing someone else's bandwidth. The problem with many of these image galleries is that the URL form can potentially be exploited if it's not carefully managed. One such example of this issue was discussed in [Solved by hack] JoomGallery IMG tags don't work in Kunena .

Of course, the topic I referred to was discussed a long time ago - in the days of K 1.5 - but the security issues mentioned by fxstein are quite serious. If Joomla image gallery developers cannot generate a way to create "well-formed" filename extensions (i.e that have the extension .jpg, .png, .gif) then Kunena is going to look at the file and say "no way, Jose, I'm not displaying you on my forum"

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds