Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question How can I change the text "Category Header"

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by oorzaak
I read this topic but I still cannot figure out how I can change the text "Category Header" which appears above the Category description. I would like to change it into a title which is more meaningful to forum users.

Thanks, Frits

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by oorzaak

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

Do you have looked in your language file : docs.kunena.org/index.php/Where_is_the_language_file%3F ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by oorzaak
Thanks for you answer. I'm familiar with language files. I just expected that this particular text could be set from within the Kunena admin panels. And that it could be made specific for a category. Are you sure that this is not the case?

Frits

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by John
It is in the language file....and that is where it is supposed to be. If you have multiple languages on your site you have the right description in every single language.

More
12 years 7 months ago #6 by oorzaak
I can't help this feeling that we do not understand each other correctly. This text "category header" appears right in the middle of the front end of my forum. I would say it has no use there. In the front end you'll want a header text which is relevant for the users. The words "category header" do not relate to any content, and so I'd say they are not relevant in the front end.

In de back end, on the other hand, they could be very useful to indicate some function. But there I cannot find them, nor can I find a way to change them. And yes, in my site the word "category" is shown as "categorie" which is correct in my language, Dutch. So the problem is not in the area of translation

Here's a screenshot of my forum as it is right now:

Attachments:

More
12 years 7 months ago #7 by John
Ah....misunderstood....

Login to your forums, below Category Header click "bewerken" and change the titel to whatever you want.

More
12 years 7 months ago #8 by oorzaak

John wrote: Ah....misunderstood....

No problem. But.. when I'm logged in, I do not see a link or button "bewerken" (or "edit"). My forum shows as in the picture in my earlier post. Maybe I switched this button off somehow, but I really don't know.

More
12 years 7 months ago #9 by John
Try to login as admin or moderator, on the screenshot you are logged in but I don't see admin tools.

More
12 years 7 months ago #10 by oorzaak
Now I logged in as admin but I don't get any admin tools on the forum index page. I do get them on the other pages, though.

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds