Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Where do I change the wording "Category Header"

More
12 years 10 months ago #1 by MatrixDona
Hi there,

Where do I change the wording displayed here (see picture)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
MatrixDona: This is a common question (it's not a support issue). The question has been asked before. Please see Where is the language file?

More
12 years 10 months ago #3 by MatrixDona
Found it thank you :) Please accept my apologies for posting in the wrong place.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #4 by gnumoreno

sozzled wrote: MatrixDona: This is a common question (it's not a support issue). The question has been asked before. Please see Where is the language file?

Sozzled,

I don't see the relation between the url you posted and the issue. Let try to elaborate.

When I created the Categories, there is a field called "Category Header", right after Name and Description.

Whenever I go through the following steps:

Enter the Forum, Click on the "Index" Tab, Click on one of the Categories.

The Description shows up just fine but the "Category Header" field shows "Category Header" instead of what I have input in the backend.

What's the relation between this and the language file?

Thanks in advance for your patience and support.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by gnumoreno. Reason: typo

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
G'day, gnumoreno, and welcome to Kunena.

The question asked at the beginning of this topic was about how to change the displayed text for people looking at the site frontend. If I understand your question, you would like to know how to change the displayed text for people looking at your site backend.

No problem. The answer is still the same (see Where is the language file? ); there is a separate language file for your backend located in your ../administrator folder.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 9 months ago #6 by gnumoreno
G'day, sozzled, and thanks for your quick answer.

But no, I'm not trying to change the language on my backend. I will include some screenshots to explain my problem.

I would expect that the highlighted fields 1 and 2 (in RED) would show up as fields 1 and 2 (in BLUE)

Instead of that what I have is field 1 (in BLUE) shows the category header (field 2 in RED, backend) as the description and the field 2 (in BLUE) shows just the text "Category Header". Field 1 (in RED, backend) does not appear at all.

Can you help me to fix it?
Attachments:

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #7 by sozzled
Thank you for clarifying your question. Using your example, this discussion topic is related, in a way, to how to change the wording of 2 in your second picture. Another way of saying this is, the person who started this topic wanted to know how to change the words "Category Header" into something else (like "What this category is all about").

Using your example, the value of 1 in the first picture does not correspond to anything in second picture and, in that sense, there's really nothing to "fix". The value of 1 in your first picture relates to the text used in the Index view.

Please be careful in future when you take someone else's topic and change it into something else. It's not only confusing, it's unhelpful to others seeking the answer to the question that was originally asked and, in extreme cases, will result in the topic being locked (which helps no-one).
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds