Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Issues with attachments not showing in K 1.7

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by Sabby
I tried to do some searching on this issue I am having and foudn one post about a month ago that had no solution or answer. I just recent upgrade from 1.5 to 1.7. No attachments show in the forums, if you go to edit a post with an attachment you can see the text but when viewing the forum no attachment or link. I have tried the default template and even changed site templates with no luck. The attachments get uploaded no problem and I see them show up in media/attachments but the actual post shows only the text typed by the user with no attachment at all. Any ideas of what may be going on?
Thanks!

Site is www.fragaholics.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #2 by Sabby
Forogt the config, here it is.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : gored_ultra_lernvid.com-j1.6 | author: Juergen Koller | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Apr 2011

Kunena default template details : nts_kdark | author: 9ThemeStore | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by rich.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by sozzled
When you wrote that you recently upgraded from "1.5 to 1.7" did you mean Joomla or Kunena?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sabby

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by Sabby
Let me clarify, I upgraded Kunena from 1.6 to 1.7.
Joomla from 1.5 to 1.7

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by sozzled
It's possible that jUpgrade (if that is how you did the migration from J! 1.5 to J! 1.7) broke the attachments. It would be good to know how you did the Joomla migration (what process/tool did you use).

Did you do the upgrade from K 1.6 to K 1.7 before or after you did the Joomla migration. Upgrading from K 1.6 to K 1.7 should not break attachments. Sometimes, when people upgrade from other forums or from older versions of Kunena or Fireboard, there can be breakages in the attachments, but that should not happen when going from K 1.6 to K 1.7.

It's possible that the table kunena_attachments is not right.

It's possible that there's a problem with the folder(s) in ../media/kunena/attachments

For each user (in K 1.6 or K 1.7) there should be a separate folder, for example:
../media/kunena/attachments/42
or maybe it's called
..../media/kunena/attachments/62

It's possible that jUpgrade did not change the folder names when it changed the user accounts.

More
12 years 4 months ago #6 by Sabby
The attachments are working from an upload and data base standpoint.
When I add an attachment it saves the file in media,kunena,attachments as well as create a new record
in the data base.
Adding attachments works, it's just not showing them, if you edit the post you can see where lts supposed to be.

More
12 years 4 months ago #7 by sozzled
Do you have an example of a message, containing an attachment, that illustrates the issue, please?

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #8 by Sabby
Not sure if I can post links, but here is a post that should have two attachements.
One being an image the second being a txt file.

www.fragaholics.net/forum/40-sc2-replay-...ews/2490-test-upload

You see nothing, but when you edit the post you see
Code:
[attachment=4]ADMIN.PNG[/attachment] File [attachment=5]dictionary.txt[/attachment]

I look in the user directory for media/kunena/attachments and I see the files.
I can also look in the database and see the two records for the attachments.
I have tried default templates as well.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Sabby.

More
12 years 4 months ago #9 by sozzled
Well, of course, I cannot edit the post(s) on your forum.

In which exact folder of ../media/kunena/attachments are those files?

Images in K1.7 are located in the folder ../media/kunena/attachments and, within that, in a numbered folder name that corresponds to the Joomla) user-id. So, for example if your user-id = 65 your attachments are all stored in ../media/kunena/attachments/65 So, this problem may have been created if jUpgrade didn't move the folders when it moved the users.

Within these ../media/kunena/attachments/user-id folders there is another folder ../media/kunena/attachments/65/thumb where the thumbnail images are stored.

You also need to CHMOD the files in ../media/kunena/attachments (and recurse through all sub-folders) to 644. I hope this helps.

More
12 years 4 months ago #10 by Sabby
I thought about that as well but the files are being writen to the thumbs as well, so for example if I add an attachment, there is a file added to media/kuenena/attachments/42/
There is also a file added to media/kuenena/attachments/42/thumb/ so it doesn't seem to be a permission problem. Here is an interesting question. What is the default location for the Kunena menu? I did change that to be on the left nav but can't set it back to the default location. I wonder if it's that, I only bring this up because when I go to edit a post with an attachment, I see the attachment in the lower part of the screen where I can click on it and open it.

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds