Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question 1.6.0-ALPHA | 2010-05-30 | 2587 - Community Builder login integration is not working

More
13 years 8 months ago #11 by kross76
Just installed build 3224 - It's still not working. Interestingly enough, on the intergration tab, Community Builder is not seen (the pull down for it is greyed out). Tried with Safari and FF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #12 by kross76
And as a follow up - I'm running CB 1.2.3 (latest) and have attached the screen shot of the greyed out pulldown.
Attachments:

More
13 years 8 months ago #13 by Matias
Please use internal test category on test builds (which are not public).

Issue has been fixed and will be available in the next build.

More
13 years 8 months ago #14 by kross76
Kunena 1.6.0-RC2 | 2010-08-18 | 3237

Tried it in this build. Kunena is now detecting Community Builder, but the login fields still to not work if you've selected the CB - email address only as the login ID>

More
13 years 8 months ago #15 by Matias
It's odd if you integrated login to CB..

This is because of it should send the login information to CB instead of Joomla.

URL?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #16 by kross76
This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Matias.

More
13 years 8 months ago #17 by Matias
I need to talk with CB team about this. I just verified that it does use CB to login.

More
13 years 8 months ago #18 by kross76
Installed build 3252. This features now works "functionally". You can enter the email address in the "user name" field, and you will be logged in. There is still a minor issue. The login field still says "user name" rather than "email address". The CB functionality in their login module calls out the right name (user name or email address) depending upon the option selected in CB configuration.

More
13 years 8 months ago #19 by sozzled
Ahhhh ... so that's the issue!!!

I've been following this "Community Builder login integration is not working" (started when K 1.6 was in alpha) and I haven't been able to get a handle on the problem until now. Thank you, kross76, for simplifying the problem statement.

I should have written something before now. Yes, it's true, the mod_cblogin written for CB 1.2.3 does not honour the parameter value "Use Email". I found this out, for myself, several weeks ago when I eventually upgraded to CB 1.2.3. Surely this is something the guys at Joomlapolis have been made aware about, haven't they?

I don't think that Kunena plays any role in this. If you use the CB login function in a "standalone" way (as a module on any Joomla page) I, too, have been unable to get the module to use anything other than username. I've just been too lazy to ask the question at Joomlapolis. :laugh:

More
13 years 8 months ago #20 by kross76
Let me try and clarify. CB 1.2.3 does work correctly with the "use email" configuration. We've been using it successfully for a month or so in the main login screen on our account - no problem. The issue with Kunena login has been that it did not seem to be using this option as configured in CB in prior releases. I.E. you could not log in using your email address even though that was configured in CB. This latest release seems to have solved that problem -- I.E. you can log in using email if that's the way CB is configured. My comment only stated a "small" remaining issue - the actual text used to prompt for the login ID (either user name or email) doesn't seem to vary with the configuration. In our case, it should prompt for email, not user name.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds