Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged User registration and/or general login issues

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #51 by kiwi3685

langster wrote: Hi all, I have scoured but cant find a post on this, anyone be able to supply me the link?

You won't find a solution here because Kunena doesn't register users. Registration is a Joomla function, so you should look to Joomla solutions.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by kiwi3685.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #52 by sozzled
G'day, langster, and welcome to Kunena.

I agree with kiwi3685. If you read the FAQs page (see the menu tab above the forum) then you will find that Kunena does not handle user registration.

langster wrote: Had loads of spam hitting the new forum, that's now gone, but definitely receiving dodgy looking new users which register automatically, whereas I'd rather vet them.

There are several Joomla extensions that you can use to vet new user registrations before they are allowed to login to your site and use your site's features.

*** Topic moved and merged ***
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago #53 by langster
Ah, ok people, thanks for that information. Bit of a bummer then,I'll have to have a hunt through joom instead.
Cheers

L

More
11 years 10 months ago #54 by sozzled

langster wrote: I'll have to have a hunt through joom instead.

... should take you less than 10 minutes: go to extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...ntication-management

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #55 by langster
Just for anyone else's use, I was able to set this up on Joomla 2.5:

Admin > User Manager > Options (top right) and set 'NEW USER ACCOUNT ACTIVATION' to ADMIN
I kept 'notification email to administrators' to NO and as main moderator, I'm the only one to receive the activation request emails.

*** URL removed by moderator ***
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Remove URL
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #56 by collinsjoseph
The mail() function has been disabled and the mail cannot be sent.
The mail() function has been disabled and the mail cannot be sent.

this is the message I am getting when people try to register on my site or use contact service.
I am using kunena forum and community builder. how do I turn mail function.
please if anybody has an answer to how I can fix this problem, I will appreciate your response.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by collinsjoseph.

More
11 years 9 months ago #57 by mdivk
Hello,

My website: RHCCC has Kunena forum installed and can be accessed via:
www.xiexianhui.com/rhccc/index.php/forum/index

Why when I click on Create an account, it will not bring up Kenena's user registration but instead brings up joomla sample website (fruit shop) registration? Why Captcha is not showing up in that registration form?

Thank you.

Attachments:

More
11 years 9 months ago #58 by Jiminimonka
Kunena does not have a seperate user registration module, it works with Joomlas registration.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #59 by KunenaQuestion
Hi :)
Do you know the answer to this?
I tried making a new test user account.

After making the account there is no
activation email.

and No new user is created?

forrolondon.co.uk/london-forro-forum.html

Many Thanks for your hel[

Kind Regards
Charles
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Jiminimonka. Reason: renamed from topic from "Does Not M"

More
11 years 9 months ago #60 by Jiminimonka
Hi Charlie, welcome to Kunena,

Kunena uses Joomla for account registration, so the issue is with Joomla not Kunena. Please check your Joomla user registration settings and refer to the Joomla documentation for a solution.

If you find that you are still having issues with Kunena then please read the posting guides and include your configuration report.

I renamed the topic from "Does Not M" to "User Registration Not Working" so it makes a bit of sense to other users.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.715 seconds