Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged User registration and/or general login issues

More
11 years 3 months ago #101 by sozzled
Please provide your configuration report so that we may be able to diagnose what may be happening in your case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #102 by lenhuhiep
Thanks forum help me compoleace website: online360.vn

and there some way of integrating my login in the forums with joomla?

More
11 years 3 months ago #103 by deniniko
Replied by deniniko on topic User Registration
Problem when trying to register a new user...it says .mail problems (so it just cant send an email as i understood)! thanks

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #104 by powsurfer
Hi
I have recently installed a new copy of the most recent download of Kunena. The issues I am having at present are as follows: -

A new user cannot register - with the standard login (no captcha) after adding their info it takes them back to the same screen with no info other than saying to complete all fields... *required fields... with the password field now empty.
The only users so far are the admins using their existing main site login details.
I have since added a captcha in the hope that a change may resolve the issue but it has made no difference. The captcha doesn't even appear on teh registration page.

The other main issue so far are the page links for top and bottom of the page. The both revert to the main site.
The main site is htfcfans.co.uk
The forum is at htfcfans.co.uk/forum/
This is the go to bottom link htfcfans.co.uk/#forumbottom

Hopefully can get a quick answer to this so I don't need to uninstall and start again with a different forum. The log file is attached.
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : samsara365 | author: Snowrat | version: 3.0 | creationdate: 30/11/12

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.3 | creationdate: 2012-11-24

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.3 | 2012-11-24 [ Reconciliation ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: AceSEF 2.5.4

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by powsurfer. Reason: Removed visible email address - I attached the txt file but it is being shown to all

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #105 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, powsurfer, and welcome to Kunena.

If you read the FAQs page, or msg #2 of this topic, you will see that Kunena is not responsible for user registration. I do not know what registration procedure you are using, or what login procedure you are using, but Kunena should use whatever you would normally use and however those registration and login procedures are configured. If they are configured wrongly then Kunena will use those things wrongly.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 2 months ago #106 by powsurfer
Hi and thanks for your quick reply.
The following section you referred me to does not have the correct links/paths to follow. None of these exist in my up-to-date versions of Joomla and Kunena.
>>>
You can change whether you allow users to register. This is done (in Joomla) with the setting
Global Configuration » System » User Settings » Allow User Registration = Yes / No

You can provide your users with a place to login (in Kunena) with the forum setting:
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration
>>>
I am not using any other login procedure other than the standard 'create an account' link within Kunena at htfcfans.co.uk/user/registration
The only users who can login at the moment are those logged into the main site.

Q -I have done some reading around - is it that I need to create a registration/login from within Joomla, not Kunena and set the correct permissions?

Q - Do you have an answer (or can point me to the solution for the other problem I mentioned?
>>>
The other main issue so far are the page links for top and bottom of the page. The both revert to the main site.
The main site is htfcfans.co.uk
The forum is at htfcfans.co.uk/forum/
This is the go to bottom link htfcfans.co.uk/#forumbottom
>>>
Q - is my'confidential' log file viewable by all?

Many Thanks

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #107 by sozzled

powsurfer wrote: The [information] you referred me to does not have the correct links/paths to follow. None of these exist in my up-to-date versions of Joomla and Kunena.

Perhaps, I had assumed too much when I referred you to msg #2. A lot of things have changed (both in Joomla and in Kunena) and it's not always easy for us to stay on top of these changes and correct the hundreds or thousands of answers that we've posted over the past 4 years. Please accept my apology for assuming that you were au fait with the specifics. Even though the specific details may now seem confusing, the general principles remain the same.

powsurfer wrote: >>>
You can change whether you allow users to register. This is done (in Joomla) with the setting
Global Configuration » System » User Settings » Allow User Registration = Yes / No

You can provide your users with a place to login (in Kunena) with the forum setting:
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration
>>>

At the time when I posted the information you have quoted, J! 1.5 was still very much in predominant usage. As far as J! 2.5 is concerned (and a few things changed between J! 1.5 and J! 2.5), the configuration settings you need to look at are now located

User Manager » Options » Component » Allow User Registration = Yes / No

With K 2.0, the second of the two issues you quoted is controlled with the Kunena - Joomla plugin. In your case I can see, from your configuration report, that you have set the proper value for that plugin. For the benefit of others reading this topic, people should go to

Components » Kunena Forum » Kunena Plugins » Kunena - Joomla Integration » Enable Joomla Login = Yes / No

powsurfer wrote: The only users who can login at the moment are those logged into the main site

Your forum is part of your main site. It is not a separate "site". If users can register at your site then they are "registered" users and they can use your forum. If users can login to your site then they are logged-in to use your forum, too.

powsurfer wrote: Q -I have done some reading around - is it that I need to create a registration/login from within Joomla, not Kunena and set the correct permissions?

You already have a registration procedure at your site. You should not have to change anything. I do not know what you mean by "set the correct permissions". If you have not changed any permissions then your users will be able to register themselves (by using either the Create an account link on your site home page or by using the Create an account link on your forum) I do not understand what problems your users are having at the moment. Both of the links that I referred to (taken from your website) go to the same location.

powsurfer wrote: This is the go to bottom link htfcfans.co.uk/#forumbottom

Where is this link displayed on your site. Can you help us understand how this information is involved with the current problems that you are having? Let's try to remain on-topic and not confuse too many issues at the one time. :)

powsurfer wrote: Q - is my 'confidential' log file viewable by all?

If you read the FAQs information (the link I posted in my earlier reply) you will see that the confidential information is only viewable by you (when you are logged-in at this site), the moderators (obviously when they are logged-in at this site) and by no-one else. Try it for yourself. Logout from this site and then look if you can see any of the confidential information. That's the easiest way to answer your question. ;)

I have not tried to register myself at your website. If people cannot register (because the registration procedure you are using responds with "please complete all fields" then that is probably a matter you should discuss using the Joomla forum . I repeat: Kunena has no "registration procedure". Kunena uses the registration procedure that you have defined that you want to use. There are other registration tools available (as separate extensions) - that are mentioned in msg #2 of this topic - but this does not change my advice to you.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 2 months ago #108 by powsurfer
Great thanks.
I have got the configuration right as you said and understand it a little more now.

It appears that users cannot register for the site as a whole and that is where my main issue lies. The create account link goes to this page htfcfans.co.uk/user/registration but the page is not working. After filling in and submitting the form it takes me to the same page with no additional warnings.
(I disabled Kunena and got the same problem)

Outstanding issue with Kunena...
The top and bottom links are the arrows on the forum pages. It appears they are missing a '/' between the two parts of the ink built up... any ideas what could be the problem here?

More
11 years 2 months ago #109 by sozzled

powsurfer wrote: It appears that users cannot register for the site as a whole and that is where my main issue lies.

As we have written numerous times here, this is not a Kunena issue.

powsurfer wrote: Outstanding issue with Kunena: the top and bottom links are the arrows on the forum pages. It appears they are missing a '/' between the two parts of the ink built up... any ideas what could be the problem here?

This has nothing to do with the registration problem. I do not understand the issues you seem to be having or how they are related to Kunena.

I suggest that you start a new topic on this forum, include in that topic a screenshot that shows, clearly, where are these links that you are referring to. Thanks for your co-operation in this matter, to separate the two issues into two separate topics.

More
11 years 2 months ago #110 by powsurfer
Yes, I was confirming for you and other users so they can also check the main site registration if they have a similar problem.

I will start a new thread with eh top/bottom issue.

Time to create page: 0.565 seconds