Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged User registration and/or general login issues

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #121 by raffe
Replied by raffe on topic Captcha again
I have installed the forum and in Joomla enabled captcha and that works fine with Joomla login module. But in Kunena there is also a "Create an account" and clicking on that a user can create an account without the captcha protection.

Why is it like that?

How can I remove "Create an account"? in earlier version of Kunena I could do that in a login.php file but not anymore.

Please help!

Attachments to this topic gives me internal server error as well.......(pictures)

Regards,
Ralph in Sweden
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by raffe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #122 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Captcha again
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, Ralph, and welcome to Kunena

As we have written before I this topic, (see msg #2 of this topic):
Kunena is not responsible for site registration or login issues.

I think the most important question is, without using Kunena, do new user registrations use CAPTCHA on your site? If your new users on your site already use CAPTCHA, then why would you want to remove the "Create an account" link in Kunena?

If you want to safeguard your Joomla regration procedure with CAPTCHA then you can do this I J! 2.5.9, or you can use other registration tools, like JomSocial, for example, which have built-in CAPTCHA protection. I suggest you read msg #87 in this topic where you find more information about registering with CAPTCHA. You can easily remove the "Create an account" link in Kunena by disabling account registration in Joomla, if that's what you want to do.

I hope this helps.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #123 by raffe
Replied by raffe on topic Captcha again

Thank you, nice to be here.

I want to provide users to register of course, the registration in Joomla works fine with captcha but when i go into the forum, we got "Forgot your password? Forgot your username? Create an account" and to create an account here does not provide captcha. Why? There must be something wrong somewhere that no captcha appears there. That's the reason why I want to disable that possibility. In an earlier version of Kunena I could disable that in a login.php file and I replaced the code with a text redirecting the users to the ordinary register module. Bu I can't find that file (login.php) anymore.

I am an experienced php-programmer and Joomla user and you can look at the site here: kinetikgruppen.com/index.php/en/ you can try register yourself in the forum choice and I can remove you later if you don't want to be in there.

Maybe I've missed something, it's possible of course, but what?

Also, you say in FAQ this: You can provide your users with a place to login (in Kunena) with the forum setting: Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration

I can't find any"Integration » Integration Options" in Configuration. Or am I blind?

Regards,
Ralph
Attachments:

More
11 years 1 month ago #124 by sozzled
Thank you for your reply and I think I know what's happened in your case.

Your "normal" registration link, on your home page, uses the normal Joomla registration procedure and, CAPTCHA works fine with that. The registration link on the Kunena forum page uses the Community Builder registration procedure (which is different). Unless you know how to configure CAPTCHA for CB (and I don't know how you do that) then you will not have CAPTCHA. The alternative is to configure the integration plugin for Kunena - Community Builder and disable the option to use CB's login.

raffe wrote:

Also, you say in FAQ this: You can provide your users with a place to login (in Kunena) with the forum setting: Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration

Your right. The FAQ information is wrong - it was correct for K 1.7 but it needs to be updated because of the changes made in K 2.0 with the introduction of integration plugins that I referred to above. I will update this information as soon as I can. Thank you. :)

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #125 by raffe

sozzled wrote: Thank you for your reply and I think I know what's happened in your case.

Your "normal" registration link, on your home page, uses the normal Joomla registration procedure and, CAPTCHA works fine with that. The registration link on the Kunena forum page uses the Community Builder registration procedure (which is different). Unless you know how to configure CAPTCHA for CB (and I don't know how you do that) then you will not have CAPTCHA. The alternative is to configure the integration plugin for Kunena - Community Builder and disable the option to use CB's login.

raffe wrote:

Your right. The FAQ information is wrong - it was correct for K 1.7 but it needs to be updated because of the changes made in K 2.0 with the introduction of integration plugins that I referred to above. I will update this information as soon as I can. Thank you. :)

Yes, I just found out that before I saw your answer. I will see how I can solve that with CB .
So, when you keep saying "Joomla is responsible for login and register" it's not totally true. You use your link for CB registering. It would be better if you link to the Joomla standard login function.
It would be easier if I could remove the line "Create a user account" in Kunena though.
What happens if I uninstall CB, does your link go to normal login?

Just found out that CBcapchta login is commercial and they want 18€ for it :-(
It would be cheaper if I could remove the line "Create a user account" in Kunena though.
SOLVED!
I found a free plugin for captcha that works for CB, it's called EasyCalcCheck PLUS and can be downloaded from Joomla extensions Directory and It's FRRE! :)
So, this takes care of my problem thanks to the dialog with you! I think this would help many users out there.
Best regards,
Ralph

There is another option as well:

Attachments:

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #126 by sozzled

raffe wrote: So, when you keep saying "Joomla is responsible for login and register" it's not totally true. You use your link for CB registering. It would be better if you link to the Joomla standard login function.

I have not said that and I do not continue to say that. What I have continually stated is that Kunena is not responsible for site login or user registration; these are functions that exist outside of Kunena that may be driven by Joomla or by Joomla extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder) for which mechanisms exist in Kunena to aid those functions.

I understand what you are saying when you wrote, "It would be easier if I could remove the line 'Create a user account' in Kunena". There are ways you can do that. One way is to disable user registrations; no user registrations => no "create an account link". A different approach you can take is to disable the ability to login and/or register by disabling any and all Kunena integration plugin setting that relate to the term "login". I am fairly sure we have received many requests like your over time and a search of the forum would probably give you the information you require.

You have a choice: set Kunena to use Joomla to register (and then you will have your CAPTCHA) or remove the ability to login/register from Kunena. That's a question only you can answer. I have my opinion which is better to do but it's your website and only you know which is the better choice for you. :)
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #127 by raffe

More
More
11 years 1 month ago #129 by raffe

sozzled wrote: Cool! :)

Yeah, I really liked the solution. It's past midnight so bed next......
Have a nice evening!

More
11 years 1 month ago #130 by ymages
I have activated CAPTCHA with private and public key but when a new user try to register the CAPTCHA doesn't show

how can I get the CAPTCHA working on registration ?

thank you

Time to create page: 0.706 seconds