Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Rules page problem

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #1 by 56francesco
Bug discovered by chance
On the front end of the forum if you select the rules you receive the item whose ID indicated on the back end of the forum
missing checking if the article is public, registered, or special.
I attach images to indicate where the button is experiencing the bg.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve relevance for search purposes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
Have you created a rules page for your forum?

More
12 years 10 months ago #3 by 56francesco
Error accidentally discovered
In the menu of the forum I pointed out the category of AA forum
This category AA contains no content.
If you access the class AA AA menu item the message returned is wrong, you said that you are not authorized to access, but if you log in another way, the message returned is correct.

I attach 2 pictures to help to correct.
Attachments:

More
12 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Rules page problem
And I will ask you again: have you created a rules page for your forum?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 56francesco

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #5 by 56francesco
Replied by 56francesco on topic Re: Rules page problem
Sorry for the double sending accidental, I do not understand how it could have happened.

Of course not, I had written an article for the rules, I left deault ID 1 and testing an article appeared restricted to admin users with login credentials to the test.

But this does not mean that it is a very serious bug in the software and must be resolved as soon as possible now that was accidentally discovered.
Missing code that checks that the item has the attributes public, is not a trifle.
And there is only this lack? I hope so.

Regards.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by 56francesco.

More
12 years 10 months ago #6 by 56francesco
Dear admin
you pasted together two of my topic for two different problems,
and for each I've asked the same question, so I thought I accidentally sent to a double ....
Can you explain why?

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
There is not "a very serious bug" for Kunena to solve. You have a choice:

(1) You can create a rules page (see How to create a rule and a help page ); or

(2) You can remove the Rules tab from your Kunena menu (see [Merged topic] Edit, hide, disable or translate menu items in K 1.6 (e.g. rules, help, search)
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 10 months ago #8 by 56francesco
Replied by 56francesco on topic Re: Rules page problem
Well,
I wonder if the Italian forum of assistance to refer joomla what you said, things from nothing ..
I have over 20 thousand to help answer joomla, I would say that I consider to remedy mistakes and that those solutions would arrive there alone.
Furthermore, they do not join the topic with different problems, first read the contents.
Regards.

ps
about this was the response to an alert, the other nothing?

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #9 by sozzled
The "alert", as you describe it, has nothing to do with the way that Kunena was designed. It has to do with how you have implemented articles on your website. If you have an article with an ID = 1 - and that particular article is restricted to only administrators to read it - then that is your choice. It is also your choice to point the Kunena rules page to a different article ID or to remove the Rules tab from your Kunena menu. There are also hundreds of people who have never created a Joomla article in their entire lives. They have choices, too.

These choices are explained in the two links I posted earlier in this topic.

The two "different" questions that you asked were basically the same thing. I merged them because we can deal with both issues in the same topic. If I have gravely offended you then I apologise but I think you should also try to understand that I have tried to explain the situation to you as best as I can.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 10 months ago #10 by Mortti
Replied by Mortti on topic Re: Rules page problem
maybe there is only that basic mistake... you didn't done you rules page/article as "Section = Uncategorised and Category = Uncategorised" and then take that article ID in Kunena and save it? (J! 1.5.xx)

Time to create page: 0.663 seconds