Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Auto Login

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by alve26
Auto Login was created by alve26
Hello there,

i would like to enable auto login between a joomla site and kunena forum which is install in a subdomain.
For example my website is build up in www.mysite.com ( in joomla) and kunena is install in www.mysite.com/forum (in a separate joomla installation). I have already connect the 2 databases, so when a user make registration to www.mysite.com then automatically has an account to www.mysite.com/forum . But when i login to the primary site i' m NOT also connectet to the forum.
Does anyone know what can i do to solve the problem?

I make many search to google but there is no bridge between joomla and kunena so i need to make it manual.

Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Auto Login
Kunena doesn't need a bridge. Kunena is not a freestanding product like phpBB or punBB. Kunena is a Joomla extension.

Is there some technical reason that prevents you from installing Kunena in your Joomla website?

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by alve26
Replied by alve26 on topic Re: Auto Login
yes i have problem with jquery in my template and kunena it's not working correctly. i have many bugs (cannot edit profile for example) so it was necessary to install it in a separate joomla ( where i disable j query) and i use it only for kunena :s

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
We understand that you are having problems using K 1.6 in the way that it was designed. On the other hand, changing your site template is a comparatively easier change to make than the solution that you have proposed.

I am not aware of a solution to your problem. I'm not saying that it can't be solved and, if I were in your situation, I would seriously be weighing up the merits of employing someone to build a solution for me. However I would be asking myself if this was really worth it, too. So, yes, if you would like to know where you might be able to engage professional services to help you I can refer you to a few places but, otherwise, I'm sorry I can't help you.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #5 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: Auto Login
JFusion will allow you to keep 2 Joomla instances synchronized. So logging into one instance of Joomla will log the user in the other instance as well. Also, users created in one instance will also be created in the other.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by GoremanX.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by carlton
Replied by carlton on topic Re: Auto Login
I had trouble syncing the two as well. Any helpful walk-throughs online with images? Sorry, I'm trying to learn this on my own.

More
13 years 1 month ago #7 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: Auto Login
You'd have much better luck getting the help you need at the JFusion support forum. I've had excellent support from there in the past.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
13 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
The solution is actually as simple as changing the site template so that you can use K 1.6 and you won't have to worry about trying to synch users across multiple domains or about adding bridging software (and all the attendant headaches that these can involve) and it only takes a relatively short amount of time to achieve a simple solution. But ... if you really have your heart set on using what you've got then I understand.

Good luck. :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #9 by alve26
Replied by alve26 on topic Re: Auto Login

GoremanX wrote: You'd have much better luck getting the help you need at the JFusion support forum. I've had excellent support from there in the past.

i use Jfusion in another website with other forum, but it's NOT compatible with kunena because kunena is a joomla extension and not a separate forum

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds