Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Important [Resolved - user abandoned Kunena] General advice about Joomla, Kunena and website design

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #1 by kici
okay so i've installed the forum and now on the webpage if i click on the forum link, its kind of in the middle of my page, and i want to make it so it goes to the forum so there's no content from the website wahtsoever, so that only the forum is visible, how do i do this? thanks
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to reflect better the issues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by kici
Replied by kici on topic Re: Help resizing the forum
hello can someone please help me with this ? :(

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Help resizing the forum
You haven't given us any information to work with. Put yourself in my place for a moment. Suppose I wrote to you

okay so i've installed the forum and now on the webpage if i click on the forum link, its kind of in the middle of my page, and i want to make it so it goes to the forum so there's no content from the website wahtsoever, so that only the forum is visible, how do i do this?

What would be your advice to me?

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by kici
If i knew how to make the forum as a seperate website i'd tell you how, but now the forum opens and also my template stays on, all the menus who's online and other things, and the forum kind of squeezes inside in the mid of the webpage , and i'd rather prefer the forum to be a whole page with only the forum, just like this,

i'm not sure how more specific to explain this ,

lets say you go on a website, and there's all these menus etc. and you click on the link forum, the website doesn't open anything else, it only changes the middle of it keeping all its looks, and puts the forum on the middle of the website, so all other website menus stay on it and the forum is in the middle of it...

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by kici
i just want when someone clicks forum, that it opens the forum page, not keep my same page and loading the forum in the middle of my website.. :S

More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
OK, so I go on a website. Which website?

I'm not trying to be funny. I'm telling you that you haven't given us any information about your problem. If I asked you the same question, in the same way as you asked me, what would be your reaction?

Let's start with a few basics, shall we? Where does this problem occur (in other words, what is the URL of the website where you are having problems)? What version of Kunena are you using? What makes you sure that it's a Kunena problem and not something caused by your site template? Have you ever had this kind of problem before? Do you get this kind of problem using a standard Joomla template (like rhuk_milkyway) and the standard Blue Eagle (default) template? Have you tried looking at what other people have posted in this forum, how we've asked them for information and the kinds of information that they've given.

Now do you understand the kinds of specific details that we are asking for?

More
13 years 2 months ago #7 by kici
kic.kicisauto.com/

try this, and click on the forum and you'll see what i mean

More
13 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
Everything looks all right to me. What is the specific problem and how, specifically, is this a problem with Kunena?

More
13 years 2 months ago #9 by kici
alright so i'm guessing you are not understanding me.

Now when you went to that page, and clicked forum, yes the forum works.

however, its not only the forum that shows but yet my page shows as well, here's 2 screen shots to explain what i want and what i have.

so when you click forum, i want the forum to be its own page, not to keep my original website which is joomla and have the forum included in the middle of it
Attachments:

More
13 years 2 months ago #10 by kici
as i'm used to there being a website, and a forum,

and what i have is a forum inside the website,

i dont now how to make this any clearer, that i know u need joomla in order for this forum to work, but i want this forum to be its own page, not to be inside of the website,

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds