Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged [Merged topic] Login via Facebook for Kunena

More
12 years 7 months ago #11 by kenyonjohnston
I know this topic has been brought up in the past, but is there anyway, component, plugin or module that I could use to add facebook, and twitter login capabilities to the default Kunena fourm horziontal menu (Klogin) box?

Is there a sample code insertion or a free extension/plugin?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #12 by kenyonjohnston
hello, I hope someone can assist me. I am seeking a javascript code I could add to the kunena login box to allow users to login to the forum with facebook credentials. According to the developers at JFBConnect this feature is possible. I added the "Connect with Facebook" button to the login box of the default template, but when I select the button, nothing happens! see below

Can anyone help?
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by kenyonjohnston.

More
12 years 3 months ago #13 by xrum
Replied by xrum on topic Using JFBConnect and Kunena
I am trying to add the "login with facebooK" button to the Kunena "welcome" section (on top of the forum)

but i can't seem to find where in the tempalte it's located.

can someone please point me in the right direction. or is there an easier way to get JFBConnect to show up on the forum?

Thank you

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #14 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: JFBConnect Integration
xrum: If the JFBConnect function works, you should be able to place the module in one of the Module Positions . I hope this helps
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #15 by xenxes
I'm trying to add a Facebook connect button to the kunena_module position in the forum page. I set the module position. I guess it works, but the button appears on the next line, and the highlighting looks ugly.

plantedspace.com/index.php/forum/index

Is there an easy fix, i.e. some css for the Module Class Suffix field in the module, or a css edit? Perhaps a new position for the module by the login area?

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #16 by Helfgott
I'm really happy with this extension and in general with Kunena Development.

I'm integrating it deeply with my website and i'd like to put a facebook login button as the image show with the arrow and the horrible F.

So there 2 things it would be nice to know:

- How to put the fb button there (in login to discuss...)
- And is Kunena using certain styles of Joomla default templates?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #17 by 810
1) Download a fb module fron extensions.joomla.org/
2) Yes, go to backend-kunena-template manager - edit template - Blend with Joomla Template to yes

regards 810
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by 810.

More
11 years 11 months ago #18 by contender
Replied by contender on topic facebook profile link
I am having JFBConnect pull information into the Kunena profile, one of which is the user's facebook profile link.

When clicking on the facebook icon from the kunena profile, it goes to:
www.facebook.com/http://www.facebook.com/USERNAME

it appears kunena fills in the " www.facebook.com/ " portion and expects the user to input just their facebook username. How do I change it so that Kunena does not automatically input " www.facebook.com/ "?

thank you!

More
11 years 11 months ago #19 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

@contender: I don't know the answer but maybe this topic and some other generous member of the community may be able to help.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #20 by piprees
*** This posting was split from Hide / Disable login and merged here ***

Im not stupid i fully understand what this topic was about, i just replied to your statement. I already have a thread regarding editing the profile box - i wasnt asking for assistance in this thread - just replying to you.

Like i said, i already done a search and the answer are not within the forums.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds