Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Mootools; selective enabling

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by Oscar2
Hi there!

For a large website where the Kunena (1.6) forum is just a small part of it, it seems a waste to enable mootools.js for the entire site just to have the BBcode working.
Is it possible to disable (or at least stop from loading) mootools on all the regular pages of my site, and enable (load) it for the Kunena forum?

I tried Kunena 1.5 which works fine without mootools, but if possible it would be great to have 1.6 with mootools enabled/loading only for the forum.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #2 by ChaosHead
On my site for this purpose I have changed a Kunena template. mootools.js now boots only on a profile page and on answer page.

I disable lightbox and have changed a quick reply. Quick reply now displayed once in the bottom of page.

Loading of pages became much faster!
Mobile browsers began to display a forum faster.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by ChaosHead.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by Oscar2
That sounds like exactly what Im looking for :)

Can you help me doing the same, or is it complicated? Im really new at Joomla..!

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by fxstein
Kunena 1.6.1 does that already.

If MT Upgrade is not enabled by default, it gets enabled just for the Kunena pages.

HOWEVER: This does not prevent java script conflicts. You should enable MT Upgrade to make sure your site works (no java script errors). Once everything works fine, you can disable MT UPgrade and Kunena 1.6.1 will load it just for the forum pages. If any other plugin or the template load mootools 1.1 before Kunena gets a change to enable mootools 1.2.4, the selective enabling will not work - in which case you have to enable MT Upgrade and make sure it is run (order of plugins) before any other plugins that might call java script libraries.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by Oscar2
Ah we're getting somewhere, thanks :) Its still hard for me to grasp though.

I have joomsef and joomgallery as main extensions, as well as jfinalizer to combine js and css files and the afterburner template from Rockettheme for my website. The rockettheme template has the option to disable mootools... Any problems here? Is there a step-by-step plan that I can follow to see how things work?

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by fxstein
Sorry no step by step plan. There are way too many extensions out there that we don't know anything about.

Firebug is your friend. Open a page in Firefox and look at the javascript libraries that are being loaded. They will contain the version upfront. Go to a Kunena page and check if mootools 1.2.4 is being loaded.

FYI We have not tested Kunena for jfinalizer. In general all these css and js concatinators can great nasty side effects. To start with I recommend do disable any such extensions, make sure everything works fine. Then and only then should you start testing any extension that modifies css and js files in any way. It will make it virtually impossible to debug if the libraries loaded are not identical to what the components load.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #7 by Oscar2
I disabled jFinalizer and disabled mootools from my Afterburner template. I also enabled the plugin mootools upgrade.

All pages on the website now load "/joomlasite/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js".

The "new topic" page loads a lot of .js files:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/joomlasite/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.bonsaiempire.com/joomlasite/components/com_kunena/js/slimbox/slimbox-min.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.bonsaiempire.com/joomlasite/components/com_kunena/template/default/js/default-min.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.bonsaiempire.com/joomlasite/components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/poll/js/kunena.poll-min.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.bonsaiempire.com/joomlasite/components/com_kunena/template/default/js/editor-min.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/joomlasite/media/system/js/validate.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/joomlasite/media/system/js/calendar.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/joomlasite/media/system/js/calendar-setup.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript">

I am really not sure what plugin/module asks for the joomla.javascript.js for every page? Is this the Afterburner template? Pf!
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by fxstein. Reason: code wrapper

More
13 years 5 months ago #8 by Oscar2
When not logged in now, no .js files are loaded it seems.

However, when I log in the joomla.javascript.js is loaded on all pages, but the BB code is not working :blink:

Apparently something goes wrong, although I have no clue what! If you want, I happily provide you with a test useraccount if that would help?

More
13 years 5 months ago #9 by ChaosHead
Don't disabled mootools from Afterburner template! Because of it bbcode doesn't work.

More
13 years 5 months ago #10 by Oscar2
The moment I enable it from my template, the mootools.js file is loaded on every page of the website! I enabled it now, in case you want to check it ( www.bonsaiempire.com/joomlasite )

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds