Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Inconsistent Login Behaviour

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #1 by AndyInSpain
Hi all,

I found this odd one in 1.6 RC2.

With Login/Registration set to any option (i.e. Auto, Kunena or CB):

Go to the forums
Login using the forums' login form.
No problem. Login succeeds.

BUT:

When not logged in, try to start a new topic in any forum.
You receive a message that you can only start a new topic if you are logged in (or words to that effect).
Enter username and password in the forums login form.

LOGIN FAILS.

USERNAME / PASSWORD NOT ACCEPTED.

Just thought you'd like to know. Config below.

Kind regards

Andy.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-RC2 | Build: 3373 | Version name: Jadili | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Enabled (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Enabled (Version : 2)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Thanks for reporting this issue, we need to fix that

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by AndyInSpain
My pleasure. Thanks again for all your hard work.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by xillibit
I'am not able to reproduce the issue, i have tried with Login/Registration = Auto and Login/Registration = Jomsocial, i can log into the forum whithout issue, so now i'am not sure that is a true bug. Maybe, you have made a mistake by entering your password.

See this too : docs.kunena.com/index.php/Legacy_mode

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by AndyInSpain
No, there's no mistake in entering the username or password - this has been tried many times by two people, with the same result. How strange. If it is connected to our Legacy mode being active, it's the first time ever we've had a problem with that.

I wonder where I should go from here. I am going to try turning off Legacy mode to see what happens.

Thanks for your help

Andy.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled
I'm curious to understand this behaviour:

AndyInSpain wrote:

When not logged in, try to start a new topic in any forum.

How can you do that? Well, the buttons for New Topic and Reply appear on the screen but, in my opinion, they really shouldn't be there. If they weren't there then you wouldn't have the "you have to login to post anything" screen. B)

I tried this situation on a test site and I couldn't reproduce the inconsistent behaviour reported here. I am left with the same conclusion as xillibit and I doubt that this is a genuine defect with Kunena. Seems to me that you haven't used the correct username/password combination.

Do you have a username/password that we can test on your website, please?

You can post the information within confidential tags, as shown below, so that only administrators and moderators of this site will see it.
Code:
[confidential] Username: ... Password: ... [/confidential]
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #7 by AndyInSpain
Hi sozzled,
Many thanks for your reply. I can assure you that it's definitely not a username/password entry problem: it's been reported by at least three people.

You can try this username/password at www.sciencefile.org :

Many thanks for your help. It's much appreciated.I'd like to understand this behaviour too!!:)

Kind regards

Andy.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by AndyInSpain.

More
13 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
I think I see the issue.

Your website uses the CB login form on the home page. So that means that you have Community Builder installed. (It would be nice to know what version you're using.)

The misbehaving Kunenalogin form: what value have you set for the login integration setting in the Kunena backend?

Have you synchronised your Community Builder user table with the Joomla user table (it's a CB tool)? Have you synchronised your Kunena user table with the Joomla user table?

Let us know how you go.

More
13 years 7 months ago #9 by AndyInSpain
Hi sozzled,

Thanks for your reply.

To answer your questions:

It's CB 1.2.3

Integration setting: currently CB but makes no difference with any other option.

Synched CB with Joomla

Synched Kunena with Joomla

Problem remains.

Cheers - much appreciated.

Andy.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10 by AndyInSpain
Any update on this.....?

Time to create page: 0.576 seconds