Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Can I make different parts of my site use specific categories of the forum?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by aaronblrt1
I'm running a online Tv network website. VBCtv and was wondering if it is possible to have a category in it's own wrapper page.

What i want to do is say have a category for 'blah blah show' and be able to link just that category to that show's page where you can't access the rest of the forum. I want to be able to put it in a wrapper where the show's menu is there but if you leave that page to go to the rest of the forum it takes you out of the shows menu and into the regular forum.

Is this possible?
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by @quila
Replied by @quila on topic Re: Is This Possible?
Hi,

no, actually it is not possible. Maybe with Kunena 1.7 and Joomla 1.6 stable something like that will be possible.

Regards

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled
Actually, I think this is entirely possible (and I've seen the concept proven - but I forget the website - using Kunena 1.6). Basically, you create separate Kunena menus that are used in each part of your site.

Let's say you have a site menu item that is all about the 'blah blah show'. Under that menu item, you have another menu item that points to a specific Kunena section or categories using the new K 1.6 menu system. Don't ask me how it's done, I only know that I've seen it done and it was done really well. :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by @quila

sozzled wrote: Actually, I think this is entirely possible (and I've seen the concept proven - but I forget the website - using Kunena 1.6). Basically, you create separate Kunena menus that are used in each part of your site.

Let's say you have a site menu item that is all about the 'blah blah show'. Under that menu item, you have another menu item that points to a specific Kunena section or categories using the new K 1.6 menu system. Don't ask me how it's done, I only know that I've seen it done and it was done really well. :)

Sorry sozzled,
if you know this, I would like to know also how we can create and show category "where you can't access the rest of the forum", so try to remember and show me becouse it's something new for me and can be useful for other users too.

Thank you

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by sozzled
It took me a while to locate the example that I was thinking about. See Menu links to specfic forum categories . This is a really good demonstration of how to customise the K 1.6 menus.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by fxstein
I'd say it is mostly possible with Kunena 1.6 as you can see on the Playground of kunena.com

There is still a way to reach the rest of the forums, but you can seperate them very well.

Hope this helps.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: @quila

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by Matias
Separation is currently possible for individual categories (larger forums need some extra logic because of some limitations in Joomla 1.5 and missing bits in Kunena 1.6).
The following user(s) said Thank You: @quila

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by @quila
Thanks guys for the explanation, I thought for a moment that there is something that I do not know.

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds