- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at
forum.joomla.org
Loved how to show selected categories of forum
16 years 3 months ago #50882
by rimple
how to show selected categories of forum was created by rimple
Hi everybody,
Please have a look on attached image. i have 2 menus in my website,Announcement and the other is Message Board, i have created 5 parent Categories, On click of Announcement menu, there i have passed link in menu's external URL as index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=0&func=listcat&catid=1
But wat URL i should pass that all categories except catid=1 i.e Annoncement should appear on click of Message Board Menu.
And how can i remove depricated error, shown above in the attached image.
Please have a look on attached image. i have 2 menus in my website,Announcement and the other is Message Board, i have created 5 parent Categories, On click of Announcement menu, there i have passed link in menu's external URL as index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=0&func=listcat&catid=1
But wat URL i should pass that all categories except catid=1 i.e Annoncement should appear on click of Message Board Menu.
And how can i remove depricated error, shown above in the attached image.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #50886
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: how to show selected categories of forum
I have spent over half an hour looking into this (I started to write a response but I lost it :blush:) after looking back over what the user has posted in the past and searching these forums for possible answers.
The user has not indicated what version of Joomla he is running (or whether he has "legacy mode" still enabled) or whether he has taken our advice and removed Fireboard from his website. We also do not know what version of Kunena he is running. The only things visible on the screenshot are JA_Purity template and the fact that he is running his website from his PC.
In searching for the "deprecated" PHP messages, we have concluded that most cases arise when users run their websites with XAMPP or another, similar, server under MS Windows. This is probably the case here. I suggest that you look at the results of the search that I have done for you. But, in most of the cases that I researched, these problems mainly arise because the users were using an older version of Kunena. We haven't seen these issues since K 1.5.9. So, again, I ask "what version of Kunena are you using?"
You may find that the tip given in Deprecated PHP warnings in WAMP helpful.
I'm not sure what two menus are being discussed. Perhaps you mean two Kunena categories ? And I'm also unclear why the "jumpcode" pull-down was highlighted in the image.
Perhaps this discussion might help:
Menu links to specific forum categories
??
The user has not indicated what version of Joomla he is running (or whether he has "legacy mode" still enabled) or whether he has taken our advice and removed Fireboard from his website. We also do not know what version of Kunena he is running. The only things visible on the screenshot are JA_Purity template and the fact that he is running his website from his PC.
In searching for the "deprecated" PHP messages, we have concluded that most cases arise when users run their websites with XAMPP or another, similar, server under MS Windows. This is probably the case here. I suggest that you look at the results of the search that I have done for you. But, in most of the cases that I researched, these problems mainly arise because the users were using an older version of Kunena. We haven't seen these issues since K 1.5.9. So, again, I ask "what version of Kunena are you using?"
You may find that the tip given in Deprecated PHP warnings in WAMP helpful.
I'm not sure what two menus are being discussed. Perhaps you mean two Kunena categories ? And I'm also unclear why the "jumpcode" pull-down was highlighted in the image.
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Last edit: 16 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 3 months ago #51005
by rimple
Replied by rimple on topic Re: how to show selected categories of forum
Respected all members,
is there someone who can help me, i m in problem since last 2 days, Due to u people, i have removed Fireboard forum from my site,
& started to use only Kunena, sir if u people will not solve my problem, how will i spread the news that kunena is the best forum component, I need ur support, i hope u will help me.
My problem is.............(It's a request that plz try to understand)
I have 2 menus into my website
1. Announcements, on click of it i passed URL as "
index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=0&func=listcat&catid=1" by chosing Menu type: external link
2. Message Board, on click of this, wat URL should i pass, please tell me
becaz i have created 5 parent categories, one i have displayed on click of Announcements, rest of 4 categories i want to be displayed on click of "Message Board"
Please let me 9 the URL
is there someone who can help me, i m in problem since last 2 days, Due to u people, i have removed Fireboard forum from my site,
& started to use only Kunena, sir if u people will not solve my problem, how will i spread the news that kunena is the best forum component, I need ur support, i hope u will help me.
My problem is.............(It's a request that plz try to understand)
I have 2 menus into my website
1. Announcements, on click of it i passed URL as "
index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=0&func=listcat&catid=1" by chosing Menu type: external link
2. Message Board, on click of this, wat URL should i pass, please tell me
becaz i have created 5 parent categories, one i have displayed on click of Announcements, rest of 4 categories i want to be displayed on click of "Message Board"
Please let me 9 the URL
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #51006
by sozzled
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: how to show selected categories of forum
Are you using Kunena on WAMP?
What version of Kunena are you using?
I understand what you mean by creating a menu link to your "Announcements" category as <yourDomain>/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=0&func=listcat&catid=1. I understand that! Yes, you can create a Joomla menu item to let your users see the threads of one category of Kunena (if you know its catid).
You can also create a menu item on your site to list all the categories of Kunena - this is the standard way to use Kunena - but I don't know how you can do what you want to do, that is, list all categories except for one. I'm doing my best to try to understand what you want and perhaps I haven't properly understood what it is that you're trying to accomplish. :dry:
I don't know how you can create a link to the "rest" of your Kunena discussion forum that excludes showing the "Announcements" category. I'm sorry but I just don't know how it can be done.
If, as I suspect, you are using Kunena on your own PC it would be difficult for us to actually see what you are trying to do for ourselves but, if I am wrong, can you give us the URL of your site, please?
If you are using Kunena on your own PC, I think this partly explains why you are getting those deprecated PHP warnings and I have already shown you how to deal with those.
What version of Kunena are you using?
I understand what you mean by creating a menu link to your "Announcements" category as <yourDomain>/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=0&func=listcat&catid=1. I understand that! Yes, you can create a Joomla menu item to let your users see the threads of one category of Kunena (if you know its catid).
You can also create a menu item on your site to list all the categories of Kunena - this is the standard way to use Kunena - but I don't know how you can do what you want to do, that is, list all categories except for one. I'm doing my best to try to understand what you want and perhaps I haven't properly understood what it is that you're trying to accomplish. :dry:
I don't know how you can create a link to the "rest" of your Kunena discussion forum that excludes showing the "Announcements" category. I'm sorry but I just don't know how it can be done.
If, as I suspect, you are using Kunena on your own PC it would be difficult for us to actually see what you are trying to do for ourselves but, if I am wrong, can you give us the URL of your site, please?
If you are using Kunena on your own PC, I think this partly explains why you are getting those deprecated PHP warnings and I have already shown you how to deal with those.
Blue Eagle vs. Crypsis reference guide
Read my blog and
Last edit: 16 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 3 months ago #51008
by rimple
Replied by rimple on topic Re: how to show selected categories of forum
Hi
Thanx for quick reply, i anm expecting help from u, i hope u have understand wat exactly i want, i.e displaying all categories except 1 on click of menu.
well, i m using "com_kunena_v1.5.9_stable_b1869_2010-01-23.zip" along with template JA_Purity with joomla 1.5.18, & i m running it on localhost, using WAMP,
My sir has given me this task to accomplish, at first on local machine, then only on server, please sir if u can, then surely help me, can u contact with other members of this community, if possible.
Thanx for quick reply, i anm expecting help from u, i hope u have understand wat exactly i want, i.e displaying all categories except 1 on click of menu.
well, i m using "com_kunena_v1.5.9_stable_b1869_2010-01-23.zip" along with template JA_Purity with joomla 1.5.18, & i m running it on localhost, using WAMP,
My sir has given me this task to accomplish, at first on local machine, then only on server, please sir if u can, then surely help me, can u contact with other members of this community, if possible.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 3 months ago #51009
by rimple
Replied by rimple on topic Re: how to show selected categories of forum
reply me sir
I shall be very thankful to u
I shall be very thankful to u
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds