Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Loved how to show selected categories of forum

More
13 years 10 months ago #1 by rimple
Hi everybody,

Please have a look on attached image. i have 2 menus in my website,Announcement and the other is Message Board, i have created 5 parent Categories, On click of Announcement menu, there i have passed link in menu's external URL as index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=0&func=listcat&catid=1
But wat URL i should pass that all categories except catid=1 i.e Annoncement should appear on click of Message Board Menu.

And how can i remove depricated error, shown above in the attached image.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
I have spent over half an hour looking into this (I started to write a response but I lost it :blush:) after looking back over what the user has posted in the past and searching these forums for possible answers.

The user has not indicated what version of Joomla he is running (or whether he has "legacy mode" still enabled) or whether he has taken our advice and removed Fireboard from his website. We also do not know what version of Kunena he is running. The only things visible on the screenshot are JA_Purity template and the fact that he is running his website from his PC.

In searching for the "deprecated" PHP messages, we have concluded that most cases arise when users run their websites with XAMPP or another, similar, server under MS Windows. This is probably the case here. I suggest that you look at the results of the search that I have done for you. But, in most of the cases that I researched, these problems mainly arise because the users were using an older version of Kunena. We haven't seen these issues since K 1.5.9. So, again, I ask "what version of Kunena are you using?"

You may find that the tip given in Deprecated PHP warnings in WAMP helpful.

I'm not sure what two menus are being discussed. Perhaps you mean two Kunena categories ? And I'm also unclear why the "jumpcode" pull-down was highlighted in the image. :unsure: Perhaps this discussion might help: Menu links to specific forum categories ??
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by rimple
Respected all members,

is there someone who can help me, i m in problem since last 2 days, Due to u people, i have removed Fireboard forum from my site,
& started to use only Kunena, sir if u people will not solve my problem, how will i spread the news that kunena is the best forum component, I need ur support, i hope u will help me.

My problem is.............(It's a request that plz try to understand)

I have 2 menus into my website
1. Announcements, on click of it i passed URL as "
index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=0&func=listcat&catid=1" by chosing Menu type: external link

2. Message Board, on click of this, wat URL should i pass, please tell me
becaz i have created 5 parent categories, one i have displayed on click of Announcements, rest of 4 categories i want to be displayed on click of "Message Board"

Please let me 9 the URL

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Are you using Kunena on WAMP?

What version of Kunena are you using?

I understand what you mean by creating a menu link to your "Announcements" category as <yourDomain>/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=0&func=listcat&catid=1. I understand that! Yes, you can create a Joomla menu item to let your users see the threads of one category of Kunena (if you know its catid). :)

You can also create a menu item on your site to list all the categories of Kunena - this is the standard way to use Kunena - but I don't know how you can do what you want to do, that is, list all categories except for one. I'm doing my best to try to understand what you want and perhaps I haven't properly understood what it is that you're trying to accomplish. :dry:

I don't know how you can create a link to the "rest" of your Kunena discussion forum that excludes showing the "Announcements" category. I'm sorry but I just don't know how it can be done. :(

If, as I suspect, you are using Kunena on your own PC it would be difficult for us to actually see what you are trying to do for ourselves but, if I am wrong, can you give us the URL of your site, please?

If you are using Kunena on your own PC, I think this partly explains why you are getting those deprecated PHP warnings and I have already shown you how to deal with those.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by rimple
Hi
Thanx for quick reply, i anm expecting help from u, i hope u have understand wat exactly i want, i.e displaying all categories except 1 on click of menu.

well, i m using "com_kunena_v1.5.9_stable_b1869_2010-01-23.zip" along with template JA_Purity with joomla 1.5.18, & i m running it on localhost, using WAMP,

My sir has given me this task to accomplish, at first on local machine, then only on server, please sir if u can, then surely help me, can u contact with other members of this community, if possible.

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by rimple
reply me sir

I shall be very thankful to u

More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by rimple
Sir I m using com_kunena_v1.5.9_stable_b1869_2010-01-23.zip, Ja_purity , joomla 1.5.18, WAMP, on my local machine.
My sir has said me to accomplish the task first on local machine then onlu to upload on server, plze sir try to contact with other members if they can help

More
13 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
1. Please use K 1.5.12 because it fixed the deprecated PHP matters. WAMP is not a truly reliable way to develop websites. WAMP can help but it sometimes it is misleading. I recommend that you set up a development or test site on the server you will be using in production.

2. I don't think you can create a menu link, in Joomla, that will point your users to "all categories of my Kunena forum except for one category." I assume this is what you want to do. I am sorry that I do not have an answer, but maybe someone else can help.

More
13 years 9 months ago #9 by Cerberus
sozzled wrote:

1. Please use K 1.5.12 because it fixed the deprecated PHP matters. WAMP is not a truly reliable way to develop websites. WAMP can help but it sometimes it is misleading. I recommend that you set up a development or test site on the server you will be using in production.

wamp/xamp and alike are useless for testing advance php sites they cause more issues than they are worth i agree with sozzled create a TEST section on your production server using seperate location ( yourdomain/test/ ) and a seperate database ( test.db ) under phpmyadmin, and then try and test your new setup.

2. I don't think you can create a menu link, in Joomla, that will point your users to "all categories of my Kunena forum except for one category." I assume this is what you want to do. I am sorry that I do not have an answer, but maybe someone else can help.

correct this is NOT possible with just a menu link you would have to HACK the kunena catlist and create a version that did not show the announcements catagory, even then im not sure if it would work as you still use that catagory from another link.

More
13 years 9 months ago #10 by rimple
Hi Cerberus,
A very good evening(Acc. to Indian Standard Time),well can u let me 9 that what other forum component i can use with kunena, so that i can have link to both of my menus i.e, let announcements menu will reffer to all categories shown into "kunena"
& massage board menu will reffer to "fireboard"

but i 9 that we cant use fireboard and kunena altogether into 1 joomla website, but can u recommend me to use any other component which can be used along with "kunena"

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds