Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question When using firebug to look at code, how can you tell which php file the code is located in?

More
13 years 10 months ago #11 by inphx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #12 by modernmagic
rodvoid,

I have tried your method using an FTP program and thru the Cpanel file browser to search for "ktopiclocked" and I have had zero luck finding the .php file. I want to add text to the right of the padlock icon.

Can you find it?

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com

More
12 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled
As I have previously stated in this topic, one cannot examine server-side scripts using a tool like Firebug because Firebug only sees the results of what has been executed. In order to see what PHP code is being run, one needs to have an knowledge (or use educated guesswork) of how the PHP application is held together.

I have, on many occasions, made the comment that I am not a developer and I do not have an intimate knowledge of what PHP scripts (written for Kunena) affect certain areas or the whole functioning of Kunena. Just like anyone else, I could spend a few hours - and, trust me, I have spent many hours - guessing my way through those areas of Kunena that I think may be involved in handling different functions of Kunena.

I guess that answering these kinds of questions would be fairly easy for someone who has developed Kunena or who has an intimate knowledge of the product. But, I would remind you, everyone's time is precious. The people who work on developing Kunena have real lives, families to look after, incomes to secure and other interests outside of Kunena.

My role, as a moderator, is not to answer these questions (or find out the answers for you if I don't know them) but to point people in a direction that allows them to find the answers themselves and - one would hope - post the answer on the forum for others who follow later. I have already said that it would probably take me a little while, fumbling in the dark, before I would get a handle on what part(s) of Kunena addresses the particular problem that modernmagic has asked. I would also like to read 20 other questions posted on the forum in that time. My advice, therefore, is either to wait patiently for someone to address the technical aspects of the question you asked Add Text next to Locked Icon , educate your readers to use better accessibility techniques to overcome some visual impairment issues that these people may have, or use this time yourself to search for the place where the PHP code handles the matter you're interested in.

More
12 years 2 months ago #14 by modernmagic
CheechDogg replied with the answer but I it appears that it was removed from this topic.

So here it is again:

Find the following file:

flat.php

It should be located in the following directory location:

components/com_kunena/template/default/threads

Look for the following in the flat.php file:

if ($leaf->locked != 0) {
echo CKunenaTools::showIcon ( 'ktopiclocked', JText::_('COM_KUNENA_GEN_LOCKED_TOPIC') );
}

and replace it with:

if ($leaf->locked != 0) {
echo CKunenaTools::showIcon ( 'ktopiclocked', JText::_('COM_KUNENA_GEN_LOCKED_TOPIC') ); echo JText::_('This topic is locked');
}

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com

More
12 years 2 months ago #15 by modernmagic
CheechDogg,

Is there a method you used to search the files on the host to find the flat.php?

modernmagic.com

More
12 years 2 months ago #16 by CheechDogg
Pure brain power modernmagic.

Since I am pretty familiar with most of the files for kunena now I can pretty much take a guess where something might be.

Remember what you are looking at, if you are trying to modify something say in profile, the obvious would be to look in files that might be named or have something to do with profile.

In this case with the flat.php file , it was obvious to me that I should probably look in the "threads" folder of the default template.

Most of the php files you will use to modify stuff like this will mostly always be in the default template folder.

That is pretty much the only advise I can give you. Hope this helps you out.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 2 months ago #17 by modernmagic
Well thank you Cheechdogg for your knowledgable help.

I wonder why I can't search for "ktopiclocked" in the cpanel file manager to find the flat.php file?

I wish there was a way other then having to be so familiar with all the 204 files in the kunena install. :-)

modernmagic.com

More
12 years 2 months ago #18 by CheechDogg
On line 111 you will see it.

I don't use cPanel's file manager I use filezilla and open files with Notepad++, try that instead modernmagic.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiminimonka

More
12 years 2 months ago #19 by Jiminimonka
I agree, FileZilla and Notepad ++ both excellent utilities when it comes to fixing file issues.

You can select edit on the file you are looking into, it will load into Notepad ++, and if you make any changes you can save it in Notepad++ and FileZilla will upload the saved version onto your website. Any mistakes and the Undo function in Notepad++ will allow you to revert to the previous version.

No, FileZilla and Notepad++ don't pay me :)

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CheechDogg

More
12 years 2 months ago #20 by CheechDogg
Notepad++ also has a plugin feature that will allow you to compare 2 files at the same time, this is helpful when trying to figure out why a file had not errors in the past and now has errors.

It is also useful for many other things, I don't even think I have figured out how to use all the features N++ has.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds