Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Idea Add Text next to Locked Icon

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by modernmagic
I would like to add text next to the lock icon. Our users are seniors and the small lock icon is not enough for them.

What php file is this controlled by so that I can add the text.

See screen shot example:

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Point taken. There is a tooltip (when you hover the mouse over the "padlock" icon) that reads "Topic is locked. This tooltip is reflected in many browsers that "read" the page to users who have impaired vision. In that sense, we've tried to make Kunena more accessible for such people and you will find that most icons on the Kunena pages have these tooltips.

I don't know if that answers your question adequately but I hope it helps. :)

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by modernmagic
Yes, I do see the tooltip but our senior users (70 years old +) want the text to be there all the time in addition to the padlock icon.

Do you know the exact .php file that this padlock icon is located?

I can then just add the text myself like >Job feedback is locked<

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #4 by modernmagic
If I find the .php file then I will post it here.

Maybe I will find a program that will search the joomla files for that line of code.

modernmagic.com
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve relevance; post merged from unrelated topic

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #5 by CheechDogg
Hello modernmagic,

Find the following file:

flat.php

It should be located in the following directory location:

components/com_kunena/template/default/threads

Look for the following in the flat.php file:

if ($leaf->locked != 0) {
echo CKunenaTools::showIcon ( 'ktopiclocked', JText::_('COM_KUNENA_GEN_LOCKED_TOPIC') );
}

and replace it with:

if ($leaf->locked != 0) {
echo CKunenaTools::showIcon ( 'ktopiclocked', JText::_('COM_KUNENA_GEN_LOCKED_TOPIC') ); echo JText::_('This topic is locked');
}

Make sure you back up your file first!

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve relevance; post merged from unrelated topic

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds