Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

More
10 years 10 months ago #361 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

@krebsinfo: As you probably know , Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login to your website. This topic may help you with ideas for how to protect your site from spam registrations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #362 by MetroHome
In your business you must have some measures in place to prevent Spam, we got 39 spam messages last night, and the site has not gone full live yet, can not wait, now, if the site goes no where at least the SPAMMERS will care..

What can you suggest, I have some tricks up the sleeve, you must have them all

I assume you probably do not need our configuration report for this.

More
10 years 10 months ago #363 by MetroHome
Replied by MetroHome on topic SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM
We were hit with 39 spam bots yesterday alone, and the site is still in development, can hardly wait until the site gets popular

What is Kuneana doing to help prevent theses huge problems..

I need to dig in my files there are enough examples to help for example
1. Require members to have 10 post before allowing any links

What have you guys been adding to Kunena.. This is a terrible problem and a big one, with priority requirements.

More
10 years 10 months ago #364 by originalhandy
Do you register with Joomla or with Kunena ? I do my reg via Joomla and get a spammer maybe once every couple of months. There is a Joomla plugin that is free and allows the use of nuCaptcha and its excellent.

More
10 years 10 months ago #365 by roland76
Replied by roland76 on topic SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM
Hello,

I use Community Builder for Login.

They have a new good working anti-spam-tool.

I also found out, that it is good to have a view more fields (like company name) that are mantotary. This also protect a lot of spam-registrations...

Also registration via Email-link-approval should always be activated.

Greetings, Roland

More
10 years 10 months ago #366 by MetroHome
Replied by MetroHome on topic SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM
We have not dug in to prevention , I am looking for some options.. Our sign up presently is Jom Social, though that is a problem re directing back to the Profile page when placing comments, so we have tried a few others, not sure presently, we have also used Facebook Connect..

I have a captcha, the problem could be manual submissions, someone over seas doing it for free..

What is Kunena doing, this should be priority for them... There are somethings they can do for example the one i used in my previous post.

More
10 years 10 months ago #367 by Shimei
Replied by Shimei on topic SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM
Have you tried using Cloudflare? The basic plan is free, and if you had not known, Cloudflare keeps a record of spammers, and forces captcha.

Here's a clip from their security page:

Adjust the basic security level to modify CloudFlare's protection behavior relative to which visitors are shown a captcha/challenge page. A low security setting will challenge only the most threatening visitors. A high security setting will challenge all visitors that have exhibited threatening behavior within the last 14 days. Essentially off will act only against the most grievous offenders. We recommend starting out at low.

I'm Under Attack Mode should only be used when a site is having a DDoS attack. Visitors will receive an interstitial page for about five seconds while we analyze the traffic and behavior to make sure it is a legitimate human visitor trying to access your site.

More
10 years 10 months ago #368 by Bob Britt
Replied by Bob Britt on topic SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM
We use community builder for user profiles and have Admin approval for each new user. Recently turned on the email verification during registration and it has cut the false registrations to zero.

How to protect the forum from spam, don't let the bots in to start with.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #369 by Mikote
Replied by Mikote on topic IP address tracking
Hello.

I have exactly the same problem, but with the difference that my version of Joomla is 1.5.26.

I have confirmed that the user IP is in the database.

Did you get to fix the problem?

Regards.

Miguel
Madrid (Spain)
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Mikote.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #370 by DebraR
Hello,

I'm new to Kunena and need help with my forum. I've been fighting spammers non-stop for the past 6 hours. I have captcha, I've even turned off the forum yet they are still able to register. They can no longer post however.

What's the deal? Is there someone out there that can help me with better security. I used to be able to ban IPs in my old forum, but don't see that is is an option.

Please contact me via e-mail if you think you can help. corgimom515@ yahoo dot com
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by DebraR.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds