Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

More
12 years 2 months ago #271 by costisefu
PLEASEEE, HELP ME PUT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS CAPTCHA in KUNENA!!!

I was flooded in my vbulletin websites with spam, but since I am asking answers to questions before posting, I haven't had a spam in months.

This is the only solution. can someone help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #272 by sozzled
I do not understand your question, "Please help me put questions answers CAPTCHA in Kunena". Did you read Using CAPTCHA spam protection in Kunena ?

More
12 years 2 months ago #273 by costisefu
I mean: I want the user to answer a question instead reading difformed text. Vbulletin lets you choose between question/answer verification, or the scrambled text one.

Microsoft has Asirra, a good verification using images to guess species of animals. I don't know PHP very well to install it into kunena. Here is the address: research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/asirra/

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #274 by CheechDogg
Hello costisefu,

I went to Asirra's site and checked out this "HIPs" features and information and I noticed the following:

"Be warned that Asirra is still in beta-testing; the service and its API may both be unstable."

I would personally stay away from something like this especially since its from a 3rd party.

Being that it is from a third party you might experience issues after installing this in your kunena forums and we wouldn't be able to offer you support here at Kunena.org. It is best to use what kunena has to offer instead of adding this "Java Script" for a couple of reasons:

1. You would have to add this script again and again every time you updated kunena to the latest version and raising the risk of human error each time

2. Adding 3rd party JavaScripts "MIGHT" conflict with other JavaScripts since "Asirra" only mentions Word Press and not Joomla in their install instructions

There are other ways to prevent spammers from accessing your site and we have discussed them in this thread. Please read through this thread and pay close attention to the following post:

www.kunena.org/forum/154-Miscellaneous-o...=10&start=250#116955

I am not experiencing any kind of spam on my forums and it has been this way for almost a year now. Before I implemented these to my site I was getting spam on my messages up the 100s in one day alone.

Hope this helps you costisefu, remember it is always best to run Kunena without any of it's core files hacked in any way. Adding this "Asirra" HIP feature would require a hack of the core files. You might want to contact the Asirra Staff and ask them if they could develop a plugin for Kunena so that no core files are hacked. That is really all we can do regarding Asirra.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by CheechDogg.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #275 by costisefu
I have tried your recomendation: EasyCalcCheck PLUS
I was reluctant because it is too simple: minus, plus, 8, equals, are very easy and international words for a computer to read and answer.

So I also instaled in it my Akismet key. It showed during posting, but spam still hit me hard.

Too simple, guys. The only efficient test is questions and answers, like:

Please enter first two and last two letters of the word SPRING!
or, A child has a mother and a ....

Of course the last question may be answered maybe, by wolfram.com, but your creativity can generate questions that only a human could answer. And that difficulty would be intensified by using other language than english, for sites in other languages, of course.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by costisefu.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #276 by Groenteman
I think you all think wrong about those spammers.
When Kunena would be a pacient you give it medicine but don't remove the cancer.
The only solution is to have settings for each user group if the group can post certain letter combinations.
A bad word filter like setting for the back panel to add letter combinations
groups can't post.

For example:

Visitor can't post href, www, .ru, mail, and what ever
Registered can post from X-posts what Visitors can't

This will work like a chemotherapie.

Thats my 5 cents and else spam will come and come.
Registered users or visitors. Make a block letter combination setting for kunena.
When the letter combination is found in the post the post should be rejected.

Groenteman
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Groenteman.

More
12 years 2 months ago #277 by costisefu
I don't know why nobody accepts how efficient the q&a solution is. I told you, i have website in english with only one simple question: In what season does it snow? Websites that before that were flooded with spam like kunena is now. The is more than a year since I haven't received more than four or five spam posts and those must have been done by humans.

I will try your word filter but I believe some spammers are content without posting links, either. where do I find that word filter?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #278 by Jiminimonka
I used to get flooded with spam, and captcha fixed it (and SpamBotCheck), and also making users require a working email address.

Plus of course, registration is handled by Joomla.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Jiminimonka.

More
12 years 2 months ago #279 by costisefu
I need to post under different names, you know, virtual people, so it is simpler to post anonymous, also I don't want people to stay 5 minutes for creating an account(because they won't, usually).
This EasyCalc is killing me. Can I tweak to accept only one answer? so I can use it as a q&a plugin?

More
12 years 2 months ago #280 by Jiminimonka
Perhaps you should look on the Joomla extensions website, since that is where you will find what you are looking for. Kunena does not handle registration or login, Joomla does.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.642 seconds