Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

• C0n
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
12 years 7 months ago #181 by C0n
If you want spam and security protection, I use something called CloudFlare it is a free service and for a load of extra features you pay about £12 ($20) if my brain converted the currency correctly.

I'ts such a wounderful application in this wounderful world <3

But joomla extensions would be another place to look.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #182 by Denny

katalyst wrote: I've taken the hack from here:
www.kunena.org/forum/114-user-written-ha...for-x-first-messages

and updated it to work with Kunena 1.6.3

To use it, you would edit the /components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.posting.class.php file around line 389 and add the below code. You can edit the $ks_minposts variable to however many posts you want to set as the minimum before the user is no longer moderated.

I'm open to suggestions on how to improve it. I would love to see something like that implemented in the core. I hope its useful to someone.

// Hold the post for new users
$ks_minposts = 2;
$query = "SELECT (count(*)<{$ks_minposts}) AS review FROM #__kunena_messages WHERE userid={$this->_my->id} AND hold=0";
$this->_db->setQuery ( $query );
$this->_db->query ();
$dberror = $this->checkDatabaseError ();
if ($dberror){
return $this->setError ( '-post-', JText::_ ( 'COM_KUNENA_POST_ERROR_SAVE' ) );
}
$ks_userposts = $this->_db->loadResult ();
if ($ks_userposts <= $ks_minposts) {
$this->set ( 'hold', 1 );
}

thanks for this, it worked in a way but it moderated an admin topic with 100 posts. I think there is a check missing. I'm using 1.6.5 if thats why

More
12 years 7 months ago #183 by tonua
Hi,

Is there a way for me to delete the post of users spam, I cant find a way to do this. Also is there a program I can add on to stop spam from getting through?
Thanks,
Tonua@ Surgisnuggly.com

More
12 years 7 months ago #184 by sozzled
Tonua: please see my response to you nearly three weeks ago. You have not still not upgraded Kunena. Please upgrade to K 1.6.5. There are features built into Kunena to manage problem users.

More
12 years 5 months ago #185 by Eoin
There is a moderator module/plugin that you can get, where you moderate the first few posts from a user (you choose how many) after that they can freely post as much as they want.

More
12 years 4 months ago #186 by costisefu
I had this problem on VBulletin. Spammers where driving me crazy, until I couldn't keep up with deleting and banning them. They also passed over the captcha I activated.

But in the end I solved it!!! Question and Answer is the absolute zero spam solution.
Captcha can be read by advanced computer software or by humans employed for that.
But question and answer, mainly if your website is non-english, puts a human or non-human in the impossibility to understand and reply correctly.

So, how can I put Question and Answer on my Kunena Forum?

P.S. I noticed that if user get wrong captcha they cannot go back and reenter code, while preserving written text, in kunena. So they have to write it again, frustrating...

More
12 years 4 months ago #187 by ptesone
Replied by ptesone on topic Spam Filter
Hi,

I use for a long time the Kunena forum and work great, but lately I receive a lot Spam activity and I can't find any decent plugin to control the Spammers.

Anyone can suggest a plugin or way to filter all the Spam.

Regards,
Peter

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #188 by Mortti
We have used Admin Tools Professional extension in our site(I do not mean Kunena.org) and there is not SPAM so much... but we have to do couple exception than we release everything not working just fine in Kunena, thanks fast support of admin tools pro...

It's this extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...ite-protection/16363

There is still more learning of this extension for me and our team... registered gmail addresses go in gmail junk post still(and some other domains), but all site/forum issues are solved.

Anyway in ReCaptcha you can take again those words @"costisefu" if people/users don't understand... there come new ones, it's helpful sometimes. I use Captcha in my tests...
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Mortti.

More
12 years 4 months ago #189 by ptesone

Mortti wrote: We have used Admin Tools Professional extension in our site(I do not mean Kunena.org) and there is not SPAM so much... but we have to do couple exception than we release everything not working just fine in Kunena, thanks fast support of admin tools pro...

It's this extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...ite-protection/16363

There is still more learning of this extension for me and our team... registered gmail addresses go in gmail junk post still(and some other domains), but all site/forum issues are solved.

Anyway in ReCaptcha you can take again those words @"costisefu" if people/users don't understand... there come new ones, it's helpful sometimes. I use Captcha in my tests...

Thanks for the informaion, I will check today.

Regards,
Peter

More
12 years 4 months ago #190 by mchan004
Replied by mchan004 on topic spam topic
I was spamming article
What should I do?

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds