Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Closing site - Need to archive Kunena Forum posts

More
9 years 9 months ago #1 by rzude
Our business is closing down the Joomla website and moving to a commercially managed CMS. Is there anyway to save our Kunena forum posts as they contain business discussions of importance for history purposes?

I see many posts about migrating a forum to Kunena, but what about away from Kunena?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
It is possible to salvage you Kunena forum data.

As I have written before , there are essentially three parts to the Kunena forum:

1. Kunena data (tables);
  2. Joomla users; and
  3. forum attachments

If you salvage those things then you, pretty much, have everything. As you would probably be aware , Kunena is a forum component developed for Joomla. Without Joomla Kunena won't work but that's something you will have to consider as part of your overall business strategy.

I hope that answers your question.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 9 months ago #3 by Matias
For archiving the site, you could keep the old site but prevent logins into it.

There are a few migration scripts from Kunena to a few other forums, but unfortunately I've never kept track on those.

More
9 years 9 months ago #4 by nutter308
Look into using akeeba backup to create a archive of you entire site that you can re-install if required further down the line, if you use this remember to test your backup first.

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds