Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Problems after migrating J! 1.5.25 -> J! 2.5.18 and K 2.0.2 -> K 3.0.5

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Devian
Hello,

I have a Joomla 1.5.26 website with kunena forum 2.02 which needed to be updated:
bit.ly/1cPBNAP

Well, the freelancer updated the site to Joomla 2.5.18 and kunena to 3.05, see here:
bit.ly/N1Kvom

The new website is still not online because the freelancer could not resolve some issue's we have after the update with KUNENA forum, the issue's are:

- All personal avatars are gone, everybody now has the same avatar (what happened with the old avatars and how can i get them back?

- Comments on new-articles on frontpage were not showing, finally i solved this by installing KUNENA DISCUSS and setting it up exact the same way as on old website. Now this option is visible and works BUT all old articles with responses dont show them on the article. On the article it shows like nobody ever responded.

- All users KARMA and MESSAGECOUNT start from ''zero'' again

Example of the same article on old and new site (check forums also):
OLD: bit.ly/1isuUc1
NEW: bit.ly/1i1cTCL

I hope somebody can help me, i allready looked solutions but got kinda lost...
Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by Devian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #2 by Devian
Nobody? I read something about reinstalling kunena with the right permissions, but not sure how to do it.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Devian

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #4 by kepe
I have got the same problem with the avatars.

Additionally users report they can not see the new posts in topics. They only see older posts, and when they hit the Reply button the up-to-date answers are listed below the reply form. Only some users have this error. Additionally every user lost around 10% of their posts count. Some posts seem to be gone. Others are posted with a wrong date out of the context earlier in the thrad.

Please help. I have no idea how to fix it.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #5 by sozzled

Devian wrote: Nobody? I read something about reinstalling kunena with the right permissions, but not sure how to do it.

You can install (or re-install K 3.0.5) by following the K 3.0 Upgrade Guide .

Remember that J! 1.5 did not know about Joomla ACLs. You can should (and may you will need to re-establish) the permissions for your categories with the Kunena Category Manager. You might like to read Simple forum setup instructions for further tips.
Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #6 by sozzled

Devian wrote: All personal avatars are gone, everybody now has the same avatar (what happened with the old avatars and how can i get them back?

kepe wrote: I have got the same problem with the avatars.

See Avatar gallery for more information.
Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #7 by sozzled

kepe wrote: Additionally users report they can not see the new posts in topics. They only see older posts, and when they hit the Reply button the up-to-date answers are listed below the reply form. Only some users have this error. Additionally every user lost around 10% of their posts count. Some posts seem to be gone. Others are posted with a wrong date out of the context earlier in the thrad.

This has also been a problem when people migrated from J! 1.5 to J! 2.5 (or even to J! 3.2) and the discussion on that subject is in K 3.0.4: You do not have permissions to access this page for ALL topics .

As a general point, migrating from J! 1.5 to the latest supported versions of Joomla is not always easy. J! 1.5 did not know anything about ACLs - this security feature was added in J! 1.6 - and complications may arise as a consequence. This forum to help people who have problems running Kunena, yes, but migrating from one version of Joomla to another one (and what is the best way to go about it) is slightly outside the main focus of our attention. That's why there are hundreds of people who make a lot of money offering to do this kind of work for those who do not have the time or the skill to do it for themselves.

Sometimes there are issues involving Joomla security/ACL (remember, Kunena uses standard Joomla security/ACL) that happen because there are complications or "bad" data stored in the database. These kinds of things do cause headaches and take time to analyse the root cause. Sometimes there is not simple quick fix (because the fix requires expertise about how databases work) and not everyone has the know-how to do this themselves. I know from experience - when I've migrated old J! 1.5 sites to the latest versions of Joomla -it can take hours (or days) to do the job properly.

We will do our best to try to help you but we cannot guarantee that we will resolve every problem in every case. I run a private business that helps people who want to update their websites (including upgrading Kunena or migrating Joomla) - and I charge on a per-hour basis - but there's a limit even to what I can do.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #8 by Devian
FInally a answer, thanx i will try this tomorrow! At least i now have something to try.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds