Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question K 2.0.4 database tables in K.3.0.4

More
10 years 3 months ago #1 by applehc
Hello,

After two months without page, now I have installed Joomla 3.2.1 and Kunena 3.0.4 versión.

I want to migrate the information from the old database to the actual. I see the all kunena tables in database have the same name in the different versions.

What tables I need replace to have all content in Kunena 3.0.4?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Do-you migrate to a new Joomla! version in the same time ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 3 months ago #3 by applehc
I have installed Joomla 3.2.1 and Kunena 3.0.4 versión from the beginning.

I need know that the old base tables of kunena have to replace the new database to have old users, themes... or directly I prefix_kunena all tables?

In Joomla I have all imported users good, only I need Kunena.

Thanks

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
This is a question often asked (and answered many times) in this forum. The general information about what tables are needed in K 3.0.x is given >>> here <<< and in What are the table names for K 3.0?

But there may be futher post-installation issues that arise depending on what you version of Joomla you had on your old site, especially if your old forum relied on J! 1.5.

The general information about what data is required this: moving a forum from one website to another website is not as simple as transferring a few database tables. You also need to move the Joomla user tables and any forum attachments - files uploaded by your users - from the original site.

You have informed us that you have moved your users. That's a good first step.

The next thing to do is to move the forum attachments your users uploaded to the original site and copy those files into your new site. Then, and only then, you can do the last step which involves the database tables.

This is how I would go about the task (after moving the users and any data files/forum attachments from one site to the other).

(1) I would start by not having Kunena installed at all on my new site. In your case you have installed K 3.0.4 and, therefore, I would begin by removing all the database tables that have the form _kunena_*. After dropping all the database tables named _kunena_*) I would then export all the tables from the old site and then import those same tables on the new site. Exporting/importing these tables does not mean that Kunena will work; you still have to convert the old table structes from K x.y to K 3.0.4. The problem for me, giving you specific information, is that I don't know what K x.y you were using before.

(2) After importing the old Kunena database tables, I would install K 3.0.4 which will then convert the table structures.

If this is all that you need to know, that's good. If you run into problems we would then need to know the specific versions of Joomla and Kunena that you were using on your "old forum" and work through the issues one by one.

I hope this helps.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds