Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Installation Problems in sub-web

More
10 years 10 months ago #1 by TwoHoot
I am upgrading a Joomla 1.5 website to Joomla 2.5. I used Jupgrade to do it. It created a new sub-web at jcharper.net/jupgrade where I am rebuilding it. The first extension I need is Kunena Forum with the Discussion add-on.

When I try to install it form the jcharper.net/jupgrade adm panel, I get the following error messaage:

"Error connecting to the server: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found Invalid URL"

Is that because I am not installing in the root directory or is there something else wrong?

Please Advise.

Cordially,
TwoHoot

I tried to post this a short while ago and got sent through a couple of captchas for some reason. What is going on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #2 by Mortti
Is it that when you are migraded from J! 1.5.XX (main domain) to J! 2.5.xx and you can not install Kunena in subdomain www.maindomain/jupgrade Did I understand right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwoHoot

More
10 years 10 months ago #3 by TwoHoot
Yes, that is correct. The old site did not have a forum. I am trying to install Kunena 3.0 to the mydomain/jupgrade using the URL procedure recommended.

More
10 years 10 months ago #4 by rich
Actually, it should work. Please, check the configuration.php in the folder jUpgrade if the tmp path is correct.
Code:
public $tmp_path = '/.../jupgrade/tmp';

More
10 years 10 months ago #5 by TwoHoot
It is not. Neither is the Log file. they are set to ... public_html/tmp - the root tmp file

In fact, there is nothing in the .../jupgrade/configuration.php that mentions ... /jupgrade

Also, I notice that permissions are set to 444. Is that correct?

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #6 by rich
Correctly ist chmod 755 for the tmp folder. With chmod 444 can the package not be uploaded.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by rich.

More
10 years 10 months ago #7 by TwoHoot
The permissions on both tmp folders ( at ... public_html/tmp and ... public_html/jupgrade/tmp) is 755.

It is both configuration.php files that have permissions set at 444 instead of the usual 644 setting for files.

More
10 years 10 months ago #8 by rich

It is both configuration.php files that have permissions set at 444 instead of the usual 644 setting for files.

It's ok.

Please try following:
1. Download Kunena and unzip the package
2. Upload the folder via ftp in the tmp folder "jupgrade/tmp"
3. Install from Directory

More
10 years 10 months ago #9 by TwoHoot
Going back to posts #4 and #5 of this thread, do I need to change the configuration.php file in .../jupgrade?

Moving along to your current instructions, When I unzip the download, there are 5 individual files and a folder named "packages" containing 5 zip files.

The default install directory in the .../jupgrade Extension Manager is: /hermes/bosweb26a/b169/ipw.johnharper/public_html/tmp. (I assume that came from my host).

Note that it points to ...public_html/tmp, NOT public_html/jupgrade/tmp. Should I change it?

Thank you for your patience and prompt replies. I'll buy you a beer or two when we get done.

More
10 years 10 months ago #10 by rich
Perhaps it is easier for you.

1. Go to your main Joomla directory, and open the configuration.php.
2. Notice the path to the folder "tmp".
3. Go to in the folder jupgrade.
4. Open the configuration.php.
5. Check if it is the same path.
6. If it's the same, then expand this path with "jupgrade"

from
path/path/path/tmp

to
path/path/path/jupgrade/tmp

thats all

When I unzip the download, there are 5 individual files and a folder named "packages" containing 5 zip files.

If you unzip the package, then you have a folder with content.

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds