Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved I do not know, for sure, if I have properly installed Kunena Latest module

More
10 years 11 months ago #11 by sozzled
I would say it was just one of those "Joomla" things. It would help, next time, to post your configuration report. This would save us a lot of time. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #12 by sozzled
As a final point, I would like to make a couple of quick comments in relation to how Joomla "works::

Oscarfishlover wrote: Normally if you try and install a module or plug-in that is already there, it will throw an error.

That statement is actually untrue. This situation may occur, with some Joomla extenstions, but (since K 1.5) this does not occur with Kunena.

This situation was more prevalent in J! 1.5 (and before in J! 1.0) where extension developers did not take advantage of the XML directive <extension ... method="upgrade">.

So, as a typical thing, you can usually install a Joomla extension repeatedly without being any the wiser that (a) you had that extension already installed or (b) whether there's something not working correctly as far as updating the Joomla installation information that is maintained in the Joomla assets table.

More
10 years 11 months ago #13 by Matias
Migration has some quirks in it, and this looks one of those. I would have proposed to uninstall and install again, but it looks like you were thinking the same as I did.

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds