Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved I do not know, for sure, if I have properly installed Kunena Latest module

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
I'm trying to install this module but I'm having a problem. It's telling me the module has been installed successfully but it is not showing up in the modules section. Also, I can keep installing it over and over again with success. Not sure what's happening, apparently it is installed. If I look in the "manage"

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
I am assuming that we are discussing Kunena Latest 2.0.4, running on J! 2.5.11, and you have been to the J! Module Manager and have attempted to Add a new module to your website. Am I correct so far?

I am also assuming that you have checked the Joomla assets table and the website folders to ascertain whether, in fact, the "installation successful" message was indeed correct and that the required files were installed, etc.

Assuming that we do not need to ask you for your configuration report to verify the details that you have given us, I am assuming that you would like one of us to login to your administration website, with full administrator privileges, to carry out a thorough investigation. Would that be correct?

My apologies for making a few assumptions.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: correct minor typographical error

More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by Oscarfishlover
Yes, we are talking about the kunena latest module. Yes, we are on 2.5.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "Joomla! Assets table." and "dite folders." If you can be a bit more specific I will have a look. I will however say that if I look in "manage" I can see the kunena latest module in there and this appears to be installed correctly, none of the fields are missing. This is on a test website so it's not something that is worryingly unduly, I would like to get it sorted as I will be carrying out the proper migration and upgrade this coming Thursday, I just want to get everything in place so I know exactly what I'm doing. If you want me to drop you some login details then that will be okay. You can try installing it and see what happens. I can't find anything online relating to my problem, so unless people have sorted the problem themselves, looks like this has only happened to me.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
"dite folders" was a typographical error. I mean "website folders"

When you install any Joomla extension under J! 2.5, a record is created in the Joomla assets table in the database. I am assuming that you have checked this table,

When you write "I can see the Kunena Latest module there" what, specifically do you mean? I don't understand. Do you mean, when you use the Joomla Module Manager, that you can Add the module, publish it, and assign it to a Joomla template position? I really don't quite know what, exactly, you mean.

This is a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack but I'm not familiar with the haystack that we're investigating. As always, we can wait until people post their configuration report to ascertain the information (see the FAQs page What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? .

Maybe your Joomla website is corrupted? Perhaps we're looking in the wrong places? I'm just guessing here. Sorry
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 11 months ago #5 by Oscarfishlover
Normally if you try and install a module or plug-in that is already there, it will throw an error, or tell you that it is already installed. It does not do this, I can keep installing the module and it keeps telling me it's been installed successfully. When I go into module manager, the module is not visible anywhere. However if I go into extension manager and then "manage" I can see that it is telling me it is installed. I haven't looked in the database, but I will have a look.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
10 years 11 months ago #6 by Oscarfishlover
By the way, I tried installing the module on another website and the same thing happened, I did want to check whether it was just this website that was throwing the problem, but obviously it isn't.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
10 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
If you can use Module Manager and see Kunena Latest then you can assign the module to a module position in a template. I don't understand the problem, sorry.

More
10 years 11 months ago #8 by Oscarfishlover
I had a look in the assets table, but I couldn't see anything relating to the kunena latest module, in fact, everything seemed to start with com

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
10 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled
Sorry, without further information, I'm at a complete loss to help.

More
10 years 11 months ago #10 by Oscarfishlover
It finally installed after I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it. Not sure what was happening before, but hopefully everything is okay now. Thanks

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Time to create page: 0.554 seconds