Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved How do I remove my dependence on J! 1.5 Legacy mode?

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1 by astrogoal
Dear Sozzled, now I understand, that my problem is not about update, but about legacy mode on. Do you agree? I can't update before solve

Please, have a look about what says Matias before you close the original post.

" If the line contains both _VALID_MOS and _JEXEC, it will run in both Joomla 1.0 or 1.5. We are searching for files that do not contain _JEXEC, thus are not working in Joomla 1.5. Those extensions need to be removed (except for CB and UddeIM, which work on both).

I think you have either CB plugin or UddeIM/CB template that doesn't work in Joomla 1.5 Native.
"

www.kunena.org/forum/5-General-Talk-abou...nena?start=20#106405

I'm looking to these files without _JEXEC, but i don't find any component, module or plugin that is not joomla 1.5 native.
I'm waiting that server's administrator use the terminal server for find something

Please, consider that, even if kunena is a free extension, many forum are free and is important save messages of people.
If Kunena breakes these messages people are without forum.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by astrogoal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
I have created a new topic to discuss how to remove your dependence on Legacy mode.

As the link in your last message indicates, the discussion about whether Kunena can work with Joomla's legacy mode was closed over a year ago. The only conclusion that people can draw from this is that the Kunena project has no interest in trying to make Kunena work with . The project has put a huge effort into doing what can be done to make Kunena work with but, for all practical purposes, is a dead duck and it has been that way for the past 3 years.

Your question about how you remove your dependence on "legacy mode" is directly tied into what other Joomla extensions you are using.

What other extensions are you using?

Joomla extensions are components, plugins, modules, templates and languages. If you are using any extension that was not written for J! 1.5 native then you need to have the "System - Legacy" plugin enabled.

Your Kunena configuration report may be a guide to answering your question but the best way that I know - although it's not a foolproof solution - is to use the method described in the Wiki article on the subject: Legacy mode . There is a picture in that article that illustrates the method. Did you try that method? Did you find any red X items listed?

I hope this helps
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: astrogoal

More
11 years 4 months ago #3 by astrogoal
You asked: "Did you find any red X items listed?". The answere is no. All Items are green.

But, as explaned from Matias, even if you have not any red X...... you could have another object ....

... "files that do not contain _JEXEC, thus are not working in Joomla 1.5. Those extensions need to be removed (except for CB and UddeIM, which work on both)".

For exemple either CB plugin or UddeIM/CB template that doesn't work in Joomla 1.5 Native. But they are not in the list of picture of wiki (legacy)

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
The "compatibility checker" is not foolproof, as I wrote here and in the Wiki article. The compatibility checker sometimes show Joomla extensions marked with a red X when they are J! 1.5 native. That method is not 100% guaranteed.

Matias is right: you have something else. What it is, I don't know.

Showing us your configuration report may help. A complete inventory of every Joomla extension you're using is the best resource at your disposal.

Matias is right. The complete solution is examine every PHP file on your system and check for the line of code that should be present. All J! 1.5 native PHP (and J! 1.6 and J! 1.7 and J! 2.5) files should contain the following line of code:
Code:
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');

If this line is not there, there's your culprit!
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: astrogoal

More
11 years 3 months ago #5 by astrogoal
Hello! I "solved" and disabled legacy and now kunena runs.
Code:
da:/home/XXXX/domains/XXXX.XX/public_html# grep VALID_MOS * -r | grep -v _JEXEC | cut -d \: -f1 components/com_uddeim/captcha15.php components/com_uddeim/captcha.php components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbautowelcome/cb.autowelcome.php components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconfirmemail/cb.confirmemail.php plugins/system/legacy.php plugins/editors/jce/tiny_mce/popupImage.php

I only changhe the line of VALID_MOS with JEXEC

I don't wanna miss a thing....
Is it safe? I don't think so... :(

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds