Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Tables Keep Crashing

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
Yesterday my whoisonline table crashed, today the messages table crashed. What is going on? Do you think it has anything to do with my recent move over to a dedicated server?

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Tables Keep Crashing
Sorry to hear this, mate.

Whatever is causing these cascading crashes within the your database, there is one thing we can be certain of: both you know (because you've been running K 1.7 without tjese problems, albeit in a differently hosted environment, for as long as K 1.7 has been available) and we know (for the same reasons and also because we've not received reports similar to yours) that this is not a support issue as far as K 1.7 is concerned.

As you already know, K 1.7 is at end-of-life and and support for this series will cease on 31 August. Regardless of whether you use K 1.7 or adopt K 2.0m there is evidently something occurring in your environment that is unfriendly to your database.

It's possible that the database contained some internal inconsistencies or problems with data integrity before you migrated from your former environment to your current dedicated server. Unfortunately, we're now in the situation of "trying to determine which way the train went by only looking at the tracks".

I don't know the specific cause of your problem. It could be the version of webserver software loaded on your dedicated server or something to do with the version of PHP or MySql. The problem could have been dormant, lying in wait, before you moved from site A to site B. The fault may have been caused by some legacy application (you were running Legacy mode , as I recall) or software that was designed for an earlier version of Kunena (and there were database changes that took place between K 1.6 and K 1.7) but which is totally incompatible with the version you are now using; you were running some K 1.6 "release candidate" versions of things which I suggested you remove.

I recall that I warned you of matters requiring your immediate attention . I do not know if you have attended to those matters. :dry:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds