Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Solved Kunena Internal Error

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
I recently moved over to a dedicated server. Today, I switched on the forum and was met with an error as you can see below by the screenshot. The silly thing is, I was today going to upgrade to 2 after moving all my websites across to the dedicated server, but I don't want to do this until I find out how to fix this error

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic Kunena Internal Error
So can you please now turn on Debug mode in Kunena, and post the error report along with your Kunena Configuration report. As this is a support question, I will move it to the Support Category.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #3 by Oscarfishlover
500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 145 - Table './penn1969_ofish/jos_kunena_whoisonline' is marked as crashed and should be repaired SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM jos_kunena_whoisonline WHERE userip='109.145.143.147' AND userid='62'

I'm not sure what you mean by the kunena configuration report, I've never had to do this before, this is the first time I've encountered one of these messages

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by Oscarfishlover
Unless of course you mean this

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check:

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_catalyst_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.3 | creationdate: 04/29/08

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.2.4 | UddeIm 2.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | My Kunena Forum Menu 1.6.0-RC1 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.6.0-RC1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.0-RC2 | Kunena Login 1.6.0-RC2

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #5 by Jiminimonka
Look at the K 1.7 Support header. You can find your configuration report in the Kunena admin backend. Copy and past the un-edited report in your reply so that the mods and devs can pinpoint the error. Thanks.

EDIT: Crossed-posts ;)

Please read the FAQ.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Jiminimonka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oscarfishlover

More
11 years 8 months ago #6 by Oscarfishlover

Jiminimonka wrote: Look at the K 1.7 Support header. You can find your configuration report in the Kunena admin backend. Copy and past the un-edited report in your reply so that the mods and devs can pinpoint the error. Thanks.

EDIT: Crossed-posts ;)

have I posted the relevant information?

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
11 years 8 months ago #7 by Jiminimonka
Yes, thanks.

Please read the FAQ.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
oscarfishlover: G'day, mate. Great news to hear that you've move your site operations to a dedicated server but not so great news to hear that part of your database has somehow gotten into a tangle.

The first thing to attend to is the crashed table. Although the kunena_whoisonline table is not of terribly significant importance - well, it's not important unless knowing who is online is more important than people being able to actually use the forum is concerned - you should be able to repair or restore table to a "more-or-less" stable state. There's a table repair feature in phpMyAdmin that may do the trick. Obviously, before rolling up your sleeves and delving into places - in other words, MySQL - where the slightest wrongdoing can blast one's website into the great void, I would make sure that I had a very good backup first.

I hope that phpMyAdmin provides you with the solution you need. However, there are a few other matters that require your immediate attention:

(1) You're using several very old (and ill-suited to the current version of Kunena that you're running). You should upgrade immediately:
  • My Kunena Forum Menu plugin;
  • My Kunena Forum Posts plugin;
  • Kunena Latest module;
  • Kunena Login module (although, I can't actually see where you're using this on your website ... so you can probably uninstall this module if it's no longer required).
(2) You should seriously consider updating uddeIM and JomSocial

(3) I'm sure you've read it all before but please read the article about Legacy mode . The Kunena project abandoned testing Kunena on J! 1.5 running legacy mode about 2-3 years ago and, for that reason, people who have problems running Kunena on J! 1.5 with legacy mode are pretty much on their own.

(4) For your information, K 1.7.2 was pronounced at end-of-life at the time it was released in January this year. K 1.7.2 continues to be support but all support for K 1.7 will cease as of 31 August this year. K 2.0 has been available for public download for the past couple of months and all our efforts are now directed at this version. We recommend that all members of the Kunena community use whatever opportunities they can to develop and implement their plans to upgrade to K 2.0.

I hope my suggestions (in respect of repairing the database table(s) and upgrading those very old "release candidate" versions of Kunena add-ons) help. :)
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oscarfishlover

More
11 years 8 months ago #9 by Oscarfishlover
Hey, thanks very much for the reply. I think I'll try the repair feature first. I'm just backing my database up as I type this. Sorry, but what exactly is a feature called, is it called "table repair" or something similar?

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
11 years 8 months ago #10 by Oscarfishlover
Well, that was a lot easier than I was expecting. sorry, before asking the obvious,I should have just gone on the Internet before asking the obvious. But thanks very much, you have saved my day

php.about.com/od/mysqladministration/qt/repair_mysql.htm

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds