Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Important [Resolved] Moved site: forum post contents disappeared

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Xamb
This is serious, please help me !!

I just migrate all my joomla site to a new host.... ,i made a back up of all the sql tables of the kunena, and reinstalled in the new host.... i did like this twice, but this time the users posts have dissapear.... it shows the user post but without any information

this is an example link FORUM

Any suggestions??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Xamb, and welcome to Kunena.

Xamb wrote: I just migrate all my Joomla site to a new host.

Am I correct in assuming that your forum (and everything it contained) was working properly on the old host? What verion of Joomla were you using on the old host and what version of Kunena were you using on the old host?

Xamb wrote: I made a back up of all the SQL tables of Kunena, and reinstalled in the new host.

Did you only export the SQL tables from your old host and import them into your new host? What about all the user tables, too, and the message attachments? Did you move those things across as well?

What version of Joomla are you using on the new host? Can you provide us with your Kunena configuration report for your new host?

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Xamb
thanks for the quick reply.
Here the answers:
1-)in both, i have used joomla 1.5.23
2-)the forum was allright in the old host
3-) I exported and imported old the sql kunena tables and import jos_users, jos_core_acl_aro and jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map, nothing else
4-) in both i have used kinena 1.7

thanks for the help

here´s the kunena report

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : colombian92 | author: Andrés Zambrano | version: 9.2 | creationdate: 2012-03-21

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.5.13 | Jomsocial 2.6_Strike_RC3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
Please read about Legacy mode .

I do not know anything about Jomsocial 2.6_Strike_RC3; maybe it does not work with K 1.7.2? Maybe it does not work with J! 1.5.25? :dry: Does anyone else know about this?

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #5 by Xamb
in the previous host i had Jomsocial 2.6_Strike_RC3 too, and it worked

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
Thanks for that information. Even so, we strongly advise you to disable the System - Legacy plugin on your site. K 1.7.2 has not been tested on J! 1.5 sites with "legacy mode" enabled.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #7 by Xamb
Nop.... plugin disabled, but still not showing the post...
people started to post in the forum, and it shows, but the oldest posts doesn´t appear...

:sick:

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #8 by xillibit
Hi,

The topic has been maybe deleted ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #9 by Xamb
nope..... there are more than 200 topics from different users that have been dissapear in the migration...

I assume that there was other tables instead of the kunena tables that must be imported

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #10 by sozzled
I think we know what is the cause of this problem. The cause of the problem is not a defect in the Kunena software; the problem was caused because of the way you moved your website.

See msg #4 of [Merged topic] How to move my Kunena forum from one site to another for a checklist of everything you need to move. It's not just tables; there are also the attachments, too.

Xamb wrote:

I just migrate all my Joomla site to a new host.

Did you consider using Akeeba Backup to do this?

I'm sorry but I don't think you copied everything (all the necessary tables and all the necessary files) from your old site to the new one. You may be able to salvage your original data if you can still access your old site or if you have a full backup of it. Perhaps there is someone else in the community who can offer you their own suggestions or personal help but, in your case, I think your circumstances exceed the scope of Kunena product support. I don't know what else to suggest. Sorry.

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds