Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Core Design Scriptegrator plugin & motools upgrade

More
14 years 9 months ago #113816 by agustin
I have 5 different forms (long forms) that are for diferent users, I made them using breezing forms quick mode, when I disabled this plugin (Core Design Scriptegator) the forms won't load, the thing is that disabled it fixes my emoticons & text editor problems in kunena.
I also use this plugin for a login module, and probably something else that I haven't realized yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #113818 by sozzled
I still don't really know anything about Core Design Scriptegator except for what I've read on the JED and the reviews I've read don't inspire me with a lot of confidence in this product. The only thing that I can be certain about is that Kunena does not require this plugin and, from the sounds of it, Core Design Scriptegator loads some Javascript libraries that conflict with Joomla's Mootools library.

Therefore, the logical solution in this case is for you to tell the author of Core Design Scriptegator about your problem - that it conflicts with other products that you are using - and ask for suggestions about what you can do in order to use all of the products that you want to use. I would refer to the following article when you make that suggestion: MooTools and Kunena 1.6

You need to do a few things to solve your problem. You need to decide just how important Core Design Scriptegator is to your website and overcome why it's causing other things (like your custom forms, your site login, your forum, etc.) to fail. To help you, you need to contact the author of Core Design Scriptegator and let him/her know that their Javascript libraries are incompatible with Joomla. We may or may not be able to help you further (it depends on your understanding of where to look for Javascript libraries loaded on your site) but that's what Matias was trying to tell you earlier in this discussion. We certainly cannot help you with a specific solution if we do not know anything about your website but, in conclusion, Kunena does not need Core Design Scriptegator and, if you really "must" use Core Design Scriptegator, you may have to make a difficult decision about what is more important to you.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: agustin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds