Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Assign moderators to new child boards automatically?

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by chris.york
Forgive me if I've not found this in documentation, but I have been trying to work out how to automatically assign moderators to new child boards within a given category.

For example, we have a committee board - only accessible to the committee and all committee members are moderators (to make sure they get notified of all the topics / replies). When I create a new board for a particular topic I find that there are no moderators assigned and I need to go to each user and assign then as a moderator for that new board.

We also have sub-committees... so a member of the main committee is on that, with a number of 'ordinary members' - and I think each sub-committee member will have to become a moderator in order to receive all notifications automatically (I've read the debates on this topic!). Each of these sub-committees might have a number of child boards (e.g. for different projects).

And then we have 'general' boards for the wider membership - again moderated so that the committee can keep up to date with discussions.

So I am starting to get an admin nightmare of working out who is a moderator for which category and child board and remembering to update each user's details each time a new child is born (so to speak). The committee will be moderators for different categories and boards depending on their role and some ordinary members will be moderators for specific boards.

What have I missed - is there an easy way to add moderators by default to each new board on the basis of the parent? I thought I should at least be able to select a number of moderators for each board, but that doesn't seem to be possible in Forum Administration only for each user?

Hoping someone can help. I can't imagine I'm the first to struggle with this, but can't find any posts that deal with it...
Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by Cerberus
there is currently no way to do what your ask automaticly but maybe some thing to add to feature requests sectionn and see if it can be added to future version of kunena.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
There are two kinds of moderators. Those users, whom you manually assign to specific categories, also known as "local" or category moderators, and those others whom you do not assign to any forum that we refer to as global moderators. Global moderators have full moderator privileges in all categories that they can access.

I explained the differences, and the mechanisms to achieve these results, in How to assign a moderator to my Kunena forum . Does this help with your question? :)
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by chris.york
Sozzled,

Sorry for not responding to your suggestion - I didn't get a notification of the replies (can't see where to subscribe to the topic either!).

Just to make things worse... I can't read your suggested post - I get a 500 server error. So it sounds like a global moderator (from your description) might help, probably not the final answer, so will do as Cerberus suggests and make a feature request.

If you could point me towards that article I would appreciate it. Apologies if I don't reply for a while, if I can't subscribe to this topic...

Thanks for your help.

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds