Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Text overflow in post

• C0n
  • C0n's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
13 years 8 months ago #11 by C0n
Replied by C0n on topic Re: Text overflow in post
well il upgrade it and im curious if 1.5.12 has this issue fixed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #12 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Text overflow in post
you issues are not caused by kunena but by your template and it is very very broken to point of being beyond repair, it would need completely rebuilding from scratch to get rid of many flaws in it. my guess is it was not design for k1.5.9 but design for a much earlier version.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Cerberus.

• C0n
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 8 months ago #13 by C0n
your correct this is the template

www.kenlapz.org/download?task=view.download&cid=129

built for kunena 1.5.3 originaly :p

More
13 years 8 months ago #14 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Text overflow in post
Then this thread is pointless and you will need to go find a compatible template with your version of kunena..

or

pay someone to rebuild it for your and stop trying to make out kunena has flaw when you know full well its not kunena that is at fault.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #15 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Text overflow in post
C0n: as we have written before, in replying to your several requests for support for K 1.5, if you want to eliminate the several problems that you are having - and a lot of them have already been handled by the changes made in K 1.5.10, K 1.5.11 and K 1.5.12 - we will also continue to gently suggest that you use K 1.5.12 as the basis for asking questions about why you're continuing to experience problems. B)

In addition to the improvements made by K 1.5.12 that will help you - there is no question about that - a lot of problems that many users report are not caused by Kunena but lie within the site template that people choose. There is not much that we can do about the way that Joomla template developers design and construct their work. In simple terms, you could seek the help of the Joomla template developer whose template you are using. They may be able to help, they may even be able to tailor a solution for your particular version of Kunena, but this does not really future-proof your investment in using on particular Joomla template or another.

It is my belief that website owners should think of the software that they use as "disposable technology". Use it today, by all means, but people shouldn't cling to idea that the technology that you use today will work tomorrow. Sometimes you have to make what might seem to be a difficult choice: should I keep what I've got or should I go with something else? Fortunately, once you've made that choice, everything after that is easy.

These are just my personal views, of course. What you decide to do is entirely a matter for you.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

• C0n
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 8 months ago #16 by C0n
well i hope you dont mind if i ask another question about this how was this issue solved on the defualt kunena template ?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #17 by sozzled

C0n wrote: How was this issue solved on the default kunena template ?

I'm not really sure what solution we're discussing. To be honest with you, I'm not really sure what subject we are discussing any more. Are we discussing why K 1.5.9 does not work for you? Are we discussing why your own customised Kunena template does not work for you? Are you asking us to justify our claims that K 1.5.12 is a better option for you?

You may find some clues by looking at the notes in the SVN and the actual source code. You may also find a list of changes/fixes/improvements by reading the release notes that are included in the K 1.5.12 source code.

As I am not personally involved in the actual construction of Kunena, I am - like you - "just a user" and so I don't personally know the technical details of how everything works. My main concern here is the category that you have submitted your request. You have submitted your request to the K 1.5 Support category. From a purely support perspective, our advice is to use the default_ex template and to upgrade to K 1.5.12.

• C0n
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #18 by C0n
simples my friend is a proffesional php coder and fixed the issue for us he tells me to mention that the code is extremely unstable and not very well thought out.:silly:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by C0n.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #19 by sozzled
Thank you for your feedback. You could assist the project by contributing what you or your friends have discovered about Kunena. I am pleased that we were of some practical assistance to you and that your problems have been resolved.

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds